Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

That kind of attitude in parents goes a long way to explain why we have so much trouble, and so little education, in the public schools these days. Sounds like you might have found at least on judge with some sense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

I just bought big bright orange BioHazard warning decals to place on sides and rear end of my MH fuel tank. Also will place on inside gas cap door..

Tried to find them in Spanish too..no luck.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

I'd like to put a "water" sticker over the gas cap and a 'Gasoline Only" sticker over the water tank filler. Then laff, laff, laugh when the idiot puts the stollen "fuel" in his tank.
Panbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hikerdogs:
Our Adventurer came with a door over the gas fill with a non keyed turn to latch knob. I replaced the latch a couple years ago with a keyed lock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hikerdogs;

Where did you get the keyed lock? I tried through my local dealer, was sold a hodge-podge of parts but nothing worked out. I'd like both a locking door and a locking fuel cap...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:27 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

I purchased my lock for the gas door at Lowes. Just be sure your get a lock cylinder long enough to reach a latch position.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:47 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray,IN:
Teach, that's the kind of parents that raise delinquents, who often grow up to be ex-cons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A couple of years ago, my neighbor had his house broken into by a Mother/son combo, he was 90 years old but was sharp enough to get their tag number as they drove by (he was at my house talking to my wife at the mailbox) and they were apprehended 30 miles away. They had been watching him for a while, and knew when he went out for breakfast, unfortunatly for them he was running late that morning. Locks keep only the honest person out!
Hillbilly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

On the subject of stealing gas. It is becoming a real problem in some areas. My son lives in the country and has had two 5 gal cans of gas stolen out of his garage lately. He set one 5 gal can outside filled with water and only a quart of gasoline laying on top of the water. Sure enough they stole it too. While he hasn't found out who the perp is, he is pretty sure they had a ton of trouble off that can. He is going to resort to a mean dog as a deterrent.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:27 AM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Homer:
He set one 5 gal can outside filled with water and only a quart of gasoline laying on top of the water. Sure enough they stole it too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was this after they stole the first can of gas, so it was a set-up to see if they would come back? Too funny, except living in California, those people would probably come back and get even, since they know where you live and you don't know who they are... would be fun to do but for me, there's too much of my money sitting in my driveway and easy for someone to do a lot of damage in just a few seconds...

Reminds me of the story of the garbage strike in New York many years ago; people would put the garbage in boxes in their car and leave the doors unlocked; of course, it didn't take long for someone to steal those 'packages'...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He set one 5 gal can outside filled with water and only a quart of gasoline laying on top of the water. Sure enough they stole it too. While he hasn't found out who the perp is, he is pretty sure they had a ton of trouble off that can. He is going to resort to a mean dog as a deterrent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think he needs the dog.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pubtym:
I just bought big bright orange BioHazard warning decals to place on sides and rear end of my MH fuel tank. Also will place on inside gas cap door..

Tried to find them in Spanish too..no luck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd place "Waste Water" stickers on my fuel tank, and "Fuel Only" stickers on my black water tank.
Explore America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:05 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Some of yall have warped minds. Where can I get the stickers?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #32
Winnebago Master

They had actually stole two 5 gallon cans of gas before he set the trap with a can of water. They know when no one is home obviously. They broke the lock on the garage service door to get in. He thinks it is a bunch of kids that run around the country on mopeds. He knows who they are, but cannot prove anything yet. Next is a camera set up.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
This is only the beginning , there is more to come.
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Homer:
On the subject of stealing gas. It is becoming a real problem in some areas. My son lives in the country and has had two 5 gal cans of gas stolen out of his garage lately. He set one 5 gal can outside filled with water and only a quart of gasoline laying on top of the water. Sure enough they stole it too. While he hasn't found out who the perp is, he is pretty sure they had a ton of trouble off that can. He is going to resort to a mean dog as a deterrent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Love It!!!!
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #35
Winnebago Watcher

Hi. Back to the subject of locking fuel caps. Does anyone know where you can purchase a couple for a Fleetwood diesel filler pipes? Also, does anyone remember an insert you could screw down into the filler pipes to keep a siphon hose from going down into the tank? And, last, but not least, I've found if I "air down" every time, you can hardly fit you arm under the coach, never mind the rest of your body, as to drill a hole in the fuel tank (diesel air bag coaches, of course). Robbie

'06 AWD Saturn Vue-toad
riggarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #36
Winnebago Master

They had actually stole two 5 gallon cans of gas before he set the trap with a can of water. They know when no one is home obviously. They broke the lock on the garage service door to get in. He thinks it is a bunch of kids that run around the country on mopeds. He knows who they are, but cannot prove anything yet. Next is a camera set up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Workmates have found that motion activated web cams works out well for them. Gets the theifs in action logging the event and emails them the results at the office right while it is happening. Catches them red faced!
Old 07-15-2008, 10:33 AM   #37
Winnebago Owner

The local police in our city (about 125,000) has recently asked all the gas stations to institute a pay before you pump rule. So now the whole town is prepay. The police are spending too much time on drive off's. I'm all for it but I suppose all those people will be looking elsewhere for gas.

I need to start learning about web cams.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #38
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Smith & Wesson makes a good web cam.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:04 AM   #39
Winnebago Camper

"Smith & Wesson makes a good web cam"
Especially if equipped with a 40 caliber hollow point lens.

Lee

'Retirement is grossly underrated '
Jo/Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:22 AM   #40
JC2
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jo/Lee:
"Smith & Wesson makes a good web cam"
Especially if equipped with a 40 caliber hollow point lens.

Lee </div></BLOCKQUOTE>