Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2018, 11:03 AM   #1
2016 Suncruiser 37F

Starter Supplies

OK, so here I go again being a "newbie". We are about to purchase a Vista 32YE, what items should I ask for while negotiating a deal that do not typically come with a new motor home? I was thinking; a longer power cord, adapters, sewer hoses, etc?
TBWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Unless your power cord is unusually short, you probably won't need an extension cord. I have a 50' marine shorepower cord left over from my sailboat that I use to plug in at home but I've never had to use my shorter RV extension cord at a campground. Your ideas about adapters and sewer hoses are good. Other things I'd suggest are:

1. Woven poly patio mat
2. Wheel chocks
3. Dually valve stem extensions if it doesn't already have them
4. A surge protector would be nice but probably too expensive as a give-away, maybe a nice discount on one (including install if it's not portable). Ditto on a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS).
5. Freshwater hose, filter, pressure regulator
6. Emergency Warning Triangle Set - I'd recommend you buy this before heading out even if you can't get it for free (we used our's the first time out):

https://www.campingworld.com/emergen...riangle-3-pack

Good luck and let us know what you get.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Sewer hose adapters for different drains when parked. They are coming up with some fancy ones that better not leak.
And that holder for the sewer hose. If your Shore Power cord is the black one, they can be very tough to roll up when its cold. The yellow ones stay a little more flexible.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

To add to staggerlee's sewer hose adapters, I like the clear attachment so you can (yuck) see what's coming out and, after rinsing, when the discharge is clear. Just make sure that what you buy will fit the geometry of your rig:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-1218...rv+sewer+elbow

Both straight and elbow versions are available, with and without their own valves.

One of my next projects will be to fashion a sewer hose holder out of PVC pipe (numerous postings on this). I hate storing it in the compartment which also houses the outdoor shower.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote