Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2005, 06:19 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Has anybody installed a 2100 instead of the 2000 model? The 2000 model is what Winne supplies when you order the washer/dryer. THe 2100 model has a 20% larger drum and has the same dimensions except it is about 1.5" deeper.

I talked to Winne cust relations yesterday about substituting a 2100 for a 2000, and the guy had never heard about doing that. He called the parts dept to see if they had ever ordered one, and they had not.

I don't understand - the cost is about the same for both models - why not have the 2100 as the w/d from Winne? The back of the units are about the same as far as where the vent is and water, etc.

BTW, Winne dropped the Wineguard sat dome effective 1/1/05 and now they use King-Dome.

John
www.janeandjohn.org

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:19 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Has anybody installed a 2100 instead of the 2000 model? The 2000 model is what Winne supplies when you order the washer/dryer. THe 2100 model has a 20% larger drum and has the same dimensions except it is about 1.5" deeper.

I talked to Winne cust relations yesterday about substituting a 2100 for a 2000, and the guy had never heard about doing that. He called the parts dept to see if they had ever ordered one, and they had not.

I don't understand - the cost is about the same for both models - why not have the 2100 as the w/d from Winne? The back of the units are about the same as far as where the vent is and water, etc.

BTW, Winne dropped the Wineguard sat dome effective 1/1/05 and now they use King-Dome.

John
www.janeandjohn.org

Old 02-02-2005, 08:07 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

When we ordered our Allegro Bus we requested the 2100 over the 2000 and Tiffin granted that request. Same price, more capacity, kind of a no brainer to me.

Winnebago did have problems with the Wineguard dome holding up. Now that they've switch to King Controls they should be in good shape. I have the KingDome on mine and it's a good unit.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cruzer:
When we ordered our Allegro Bus we requested the 2100 over the 2000 and Tiffin granted that request. Same price, more capacity, kind of a no brainer to me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Absolutely a no-brainer! It is hard to believe that I'm the first to ask Winne.

Their option prices are pretty reasonable, so I think I'm going to get the in-motion King Dome from them. I've not seen any dissing of King Dome on the forums.

John
www.janeandjohn.org

Old 02-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I have the KingDome on my Bus and it works well. I'd recommend the option. I had Tiffin feed a second coax cable from the 2nd LNB back to the bedroom while building it too. That's alot easier than me adding it after the ceiling is in.

I think the reason that the mfgrs still offer the Splendide 2000 is that is the path of least resistance. They've been buying them for years and until enough customers request the 2100 they'll keep on. It's the old "don't fix it until it's broke" thing. Once marketing realises they have an advantage with the 2100 you'll see them as OEM equipment.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:46 PM   #6

In either case, don't loose any sleep over the decision, THEY BOTH WORK PERFECTLY WELL. You'll never really know any difference unless you start weighing your batches of clothes, and I don't think you'll be doing that. Once your wife has either one, she'll be hooked.

If you had the option, separate washer and dryer is really the way to go. It's much faster and you get more work done in the same time. Now thats a decision to loose sleep over and the cost difference is about the same. It does take up more space in the same cabinet, but it's a better package.
The only thing about this package, I haven't seen it available from Winnebago.

Tomcat F15
Just because some people opt to jump off the bridge, doesn't mean you need to follow. It doesn't mean their right or that they made the right decision.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

We had the 2100 installed and vented. I don't think the larger capacity will make that much difference, but it probably helps a little.

2004 Itasca Suncruiser 38R
cghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

When I ordered my coach last september I was told that the 2000 was standard and 2100 not avaliable. I had done enough reading on this and other forums to here to many people say get it if you can. I had winne delete the w/d option, then I had the dealer(Lichtsinn Rv 1 mile from winne factory)install a 2100 and acually saved about 200.00. As far as the 2100 goes it is a great unit, just takes getting used to. The wife AKA miss laundry guru LOL!! always washes on perminete press and the cloths come out less wrinkeled. In one load you can do 3 Jeans or 4 towels or almost a full tub of whites without over loading.
You want to have them wire a second LNB cable to the rear especially if you are going to get the exterior entertainment center, I mounted the bedroom reciever so I just turn it around by the window and have now have satelite control from the outside patio.
One other point if I could do it over, the roof mounted remote spot light on the front is great but does no good for the patio side, so I would have a second one mounted in the rear right by the ladder so with the flood beam option it would act as a great back up tool and also a great patio flood light.

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Lucchese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:19 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lucchese1:
..... One other point if I could do it over, the roof mounted remote spot light on the front is great but does no good for the patio side, so I would have a second one mounted in the rear right by the ladder so with the flood beam option it would act as a great back up tool and also a great patio flood light. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's a great idea! It would really help light up those little things when backing up at night that the camera tends to miss when it's dark out.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:39 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lucchese1:
I had winne delete the w/d option, then I had the dealer(Lichtsinn Rv 1 mile from winne factory)install a 2100
-snip-
You want to have them wire a second LNB cable to the rear
-snip-
One other point if I could do it over, the roof mounted remote spot light on the front is great but does no good for the patio side, so I would have a second one mounted in the rear right by the ladder so with the flood beam option it would act as a great back up tool and also a great patio flood light. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just deleting the W/D option is exactly what I'm thinking.

I want to get the Datastorm (2-way sat) and the current thinking is to mount it in the rear with a "Bird on a Wire" LNB for TV that can serve the rear TV.

BTW - I'm also thinking of deleting the rear TV and mounting a Flat Panel TV on an articulated arm in the general area.

The rear-facing spotlight is a great idea.. I'll put that in the idea hopper.

John
www.janeandjohn.org

Old 02-03-2005, 03:43 PM   #11

The fact that a member deleted factory options and had a dealer install them, actually cost him more. If your in the know, you would know that options can be had at a 50% discount when ordering a coach. These items carrie a high profit margin for the dealer and also give the dealer a bargining tool. You can use this tool also, along with at least a 27% discount on the suggested list price, then add the discounted options and the dealer still makes a healthy margin.

Tomcat F15
"It's all in the art of the deal."
Old 02-04-2005, 03:46 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I'm sorry Tomcat F15 , it may have been a wash but I did not loose money, and I got exactly what I wanted. I reserched hard when ordering the coach and the factory price for the spendide 2000 was around 1600.00 or so and they would not let me upgrade to a 2100, witch if they did you know would have been a few hundred more, so I searched and found the spendide 2100 on the internet for 979.00 and gave the dealer the option to match the price and they did plus 125.00 to install with the venting kit.
I am going to install the To Go light in the back in a few weeks, there is an antenna right in the corner to use for the hole and the tv power is right down below They said you just get the inverter for the light and your set to go, I'll let you all know how it turns out

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Old 02-04-2005, 04:16 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Sorry I said To Go Light but it is acually just GoLight this is the web sight.
Thanks! Ben!
www.golight.com

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Old 02-05-2005, 04:09 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

I had the 2100 installed in my 2005 Horizon by Camping World. They had to modify one board at the back to make it fit. It was not a major problem. They also cut a hole in the back wall to install the vent. We are glad we had it installed.
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 02:38 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the info.. sounds like what I need to do is not order the WD option and just get Camping World to install a 2100 model.

Cheers,

John
www.janeandjohn.com