Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Sofa bed beginning to show wear...needs reupholstery

The sofa in our 06' Meridian is beginning to look a little shabby. We are thinking about having it reupholstered with the leatherette that is on our driver/passengers seats or maybe looking for a new or used one that would match. Anyone out there got a suggestion...?
Old 09-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We had the sofa in our 05 Journey reupholstered. I took it apart and delivered it to the shop, picked out the material then reinstalled it. Looks great.
SoIlBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

We reupholstered ours (and all of our other furniture including the captains chairs) ourselves. We used Ultra Leather Plus which is more durable than standard Ultra Leather. We used the old fabric as a pattern.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:06 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

When we were doing the factory tour last year at Forest City, and saw the upholstery shop, They said they have every pattern for every RV, they ever did furniture for. And that you could order a replacement skin for any sofa they made, and it was a zip on, so easy to install. Something to consider.

I know that down the road a few more years, with our young cat, most of the ultra leather will need to be replaced.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey39n View Post
When we were doing the factory tour last year at Forest City, and saw the upholstery shop, They said they have every pattern for every RV, they ever did furniture for. And that you could order a replacement skin for any sofa they made, and it was a zip on, so easy to install. Something to consider.

I know that down the road a few more years, with our young cat, most of the ultra leather will need to be replaced.
That is very helpful. I think I'll call the factory and check on that. I was thinking that even if they aren't "zip-on", I could drive to the factory for the next Winnie convention and maybe they would re-cover it for me.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
We reupholstered ours (and all of our other furniture including the captains chairs) ourselves. We used Ultra Leather Plus which is more durable than standard Ultra Leather. We used the old fabric as a pattern.
How much $$ USD to reupholster sofa bed??
Old 09-17-2016, 08:21 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdavie View Post

I just turned my interior in to the shop yesterday and I am getting them all redone and he will add padding to the captain chairs. It cost more to reupholster then to replace. But you get what you want and if it don't feel right they will fix it on the spot. So look up the replacement cost of your couch and add $100 to it to get it recovered.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:00 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdavie View Post
I don't know. We did the dinette cushions, jackknife couch, and two captains chairs for about $1200. We used the most expensive Ultra Leather - Ultra Leather Plus.
As I recall one new Flexsteel captains chair cost would been about $1200 at Brad and Hall in Elkhart IN, so we thought we did okay price-wise.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
I don't know. We did the dinette cushions, jackknife couch, and two captains chairs for about $1200. We used the most expensive Ultra Leather - Ultra Leather Plus.

As I recall one new Flexsteel captains chair cost would been about $1200 at Brad and Hall in Elkhart IN, so we thought we did okay price-wise.

Everywhere I checked around here to reupholstered my seats all were running the same price. On line I checked shop4 seats and the quoted me $2000. But they are in calif. and this way if I have issues the shop is 5 miles from my home.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:29 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Just did our sleeper/sofa at the Fabric Emporium in Myrtle Beach SC. $250.00 for the fabric she selected and $600.00 for the labor. I took out all of the pieces and reinstalled myself. They did an excellent job - 2 weeks turnaround (not counting the Hurrican down time)!! Momma loves it!!!