Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

So Glad We Bought A Winnebago!

Spent the last 5 days in our 2013 Aspect 30C and all we have to say is WOW!
We traded in our Forest River Lexington for our Aspect and well, hindsight is always 20 20 right? Wish we had gone the Winnebago route years ago!
We have very few things that need attention (very minor things) and we were so pleased how this rig handled. Several people at the campground were anxious to have a look see and we were more than pleased to give tours! A gentleman we spoke with bought a Winnebago View recently and is now looking to trade for our model as his just isn't large enough!
Our Labs are very thankful that we upgraded to 3 slides as they have alot more room to stretch out...I didn't really just admit to buying this rig for our dogs did I?
Every system worked flawlessly and had more than enough storage. We're planning a 3-4 month trip this year and we will be more than comfortable (so will the dogs).
Very, very glad we decided on a Winnebago! We purchased ours at Camping World in Cocoa, FL and only have great things to say about them. It is a new CW and they are striving for great customer satisfaction.
We arrived home yesterday, and I was up at 4am today with travel plans on my mind....nah I'm not excited!
Safe travels to all...

Andi & Jim
Tank & Roxy (our lazy Labs)
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:09 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Congrats on the new Winne. We have certainly not been disappointed in either the coach or the customer support we've received from Winnebago. Also the help from the many wonderful folks on this forum has been outstanding.

I hear you on the dogs. One of the primary reasons we decided to get a motorhome was to allow us to more easily travel with our two rescued pups. We tell folks it is the most expensive rolling dog house we've ever had .
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Andi & Jim;

I believe you made a wise choice on the purchase of your Winnebago coach. The purchase of my Horizon was my 3rd Winnebago coach and I have been extremely happy with all 3. When ever I have called Customer Service at Winnebago I have received great help and advice. I recommend Winnebago to anyone who asks me. I am a happy camper.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Congrats! We bought a new Journey in 2012 and it now has about 12,000 miles on it and the 12 month 12,000 mile warranty is history. I bring that up because of my experience with the previous coach we purchased. It had a month or two left on the 12 warranty and the mfg refused to honor it. The previous owner had used most of the first year with it sitting in storage and ignored, or never knew about the problems so I purchased them. The cost fell on my shoulders, or should I say in my pocketbook! It seems that "all" new RV's leave the factory with some problems, or some that will soon show up. Make sure that you use the new coach and be diligent in getting any problems that occur fixed. Then you will have an excellent chance of really being happy with your new RV.
I for one am very Happy with my Winnebago. Yes there were first year problems but Winnebago stood behind everything!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Andi and Jim,
Glade you are enjoying your Winnebago. We just purchased our third nor and love it. It will bring you lots of memories. Plan on going to Winnebago's Grand National Rally (GNR) sometime down the road.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Congrats on the new Winne. We have certainly not been disappointed in either the coach or the customer support we've received from Winnebago. Also the help from the many wonderful folks on this forum has been outstanding.

I hear you on the dogs. One of the primary reasons we decided to get a motorhome was to allow us to more easily travel with our two rescued pups. We tell folks it is the most expensive rolling dog house we've ever had .
Us too! We wouldn't have it any other way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Canon Camera Backup 08-11 042.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	33016  
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #7

Congratulations, best wishes for the future travels. Winnie is the way to go wherever you're going.
Irene
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

We too are looking to upsize to the 30C...the kitchen size is troubling...how do you folks manage to cook decent meals in such a small space?
prplehearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Welcome and now consider joing the WIT Club. Florida has a very active state club, many local chapters and try to fit in a visit to the Grand National Rally (GNR) held yearly at the factory camp ground in Iowa.

Dig around on this forum for their web site.

Don G. WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Congrats on your new purchase. I own a 2011 Aspect 30c and really like it. Yes, I could use the room of a 35' Adventurer but I average between 9 and 10 mpg. My next purchase for it will be a scan gage II.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:51 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

prplehearts,
The kitchen looks troubling at first, but we are former Airstreamers and are very used to small kitchens. I cook almost every meal, mostly done outside between the grill or my small electric frying pan ( makes great chicken parm BTW!). I have gotten used to it and with a little planning haven't had any problems at all. I do use the dinette if I need xtra space. It takes a little while to figure how to set it up...like the coffee pot ( my one of two "must haves", the cast iron is my other). I bought a faberware percolator coffee pot and it sits great in the corner or sometimes I just make it outside. I haven't used the convection oven ...yet, but we are getting ready to leave in a week for a 3-4 month trip.
If you have specific concerns about the rig...please ask. We have found it very easy to drive and very comfortable for our needs. Just added the vent covers on the top so we can leave the vents open when we store it.
Good luck in your search...
Andi
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

The Aspect is a great motorhome. We have an older 26A, but it's well-made and easy to maintain. Winnebago make a good motorhome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago