Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

So Glad Rid of Winnebagonogo

So glad I am out of the Winnebago product line. Way to many items to fix and once the 1 year warranty is over, it was a fight to get things done. Over 100 items that had to be service or fixed. Many more done personally. No wonder they never get rated first in the customer service blogs or ratings. NEVER will I or one of my family members purchase another "Winnebago NO Go" again.
Good riddance.

Good luck to you that still have one, I am hopeful you do not go through what we went thru. I know all products have their issues but when the manufacture chooses not to back a problem coach then they deserve to lose a customer for life. I will buy another RV but just no the Winnebago line.

Happy Rving.
mackspot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I could not agree more.
Have 2010 Sightseer 37L.
Nothing but problems - one after another
Especially with the generator and wiring.
Never again
Mike In NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I don't know where you were going for service or what your issues were BUT you by far are the exception. There are 1000's of us out here that have had little to NO ISSUES with our coach's, and then any of the problems have quite often been vendor issues NOT Winnebago build issues. Some how MACK I cant see ANY UNIT having 100's of issues unless you're counting every loose screw or nail that might have come loose during NORMAL usage.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

100's of issues?????

Really?
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:19 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

It would be helpful for readers if the OP would list the problems he had with his coach.

I only had one problem with mine and it was minor and not a build issue.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

2009 Class C 24vr

I purchased my Class C Chalet rental when it had about 50K miles
on it. The only things I have done is for my comfort; upgraded
the shocks, trac bar, sway bar, etc. and added a color backup
camera. I did switch out all the interior coach lights to LED as I
love to read and they are brighter. This is the 2nd Winnebago I
have owned and both of been older and had previous owners.

But having said that, all motor homes have maintenance issues.
I purchased an older one as I read many of the forums on the
new ones that Winnebago is manufacturing, and a lot of folks
are unhappy with the lack of quality.

The one thing I really like is that I can purchase parts, even
when I owned my 1992 21' Toyota Class C.
Ladypilot10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Crows View Post
100's of issues?????

Really?
Yep some people just go looking for things wrong - I have not had close to that number in 5 years
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I think the OP mentioned "Over 100 items" and not "100's" which would imply 200 or 300 or more. 100 seems like a lot too, but a more reasonable number.
DanCFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:51 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

So Glad Rid of Winnebagonogo

Amazing that a person makes a statement of how many items went wrong on their RV and it cannot be taken seriously. 100 + items. And I did not list the small ones that I fixed personally. Just One example of how Winnebago treated us (which was the final reason we no longer will buy their product -The luan (wall paper) on our new coach was folding and wrinkling in 12 different locations. And because we we were out of warranty by a few months they would not assist us. Really, that should happen on a $230,000+ coach? NO it should not!! That is poor workmanship and they SHOULD stand behind those kinds of things.

For all of you "non-believers" who criticize our posting I am happy you don't deal with these issues. But when you have so much time on your hands that you think it is OK to discount someones problems because it seems extreme, consider yourself fortunate. We have no reason to give this info but to make others aware of how our situation was handled. WE spent over 5 months in time at Winnebago authorized service centers. I am done and no, I will not list all my issues we dealt with. I refuse to waste any more time. I am so glad that others are happy but please don't disrespect our post and make like we are dishonest because you are so much more fortunate.
mackspot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:04 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Seeing this is disappointing to say the least. For WBGO to be making such JUNK they sure sell enough of 'em. I hate to see when people have problems. It seems folks are frustrated and ticked off quite a lot. I ran across this by accident last night on RV Trader.....

https://newmarnightmare.com/talk-to-us/

What the?!!!!?

At least it's been peaceful over at Thor for a while.

W.D.

OP, I wish you better experiences ahead. Sorry for what you've been through. Wish it was the other way around for you, and you could have bragged about your Winnebago instead. The same to all for the brand they chose for their money, and had heartaches.

2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511, Good Sam, Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:15 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackspot1 View Post
Amazing that a person makes a statement of how many items went wrong on their RV and it cannot be taken seriously. 100 + items. And I did not list the small ones that I fixed personally. Just One example of how Winnebago treated us (which was the final reason we no longer will buy their product -The luan (wall paper) on our new coach was folding and wrinkling in 12 different locations. And because we we were out of warranty by a few months they would not assist us. Really, that should happen on a $230,000+ coach? NO it should not!! That is poor workmanship and they SHOULD stand behind those kinds of things.

For all of you "non-believers" who criticize our posting I am happy you don't deal with these issues. But when you have so much time on your hands that you think it is OK to discount someones problems because it seems extreme, consider yourself fortunate. We have no reason to give this info but to make others aware of how our situation was handled. WE spent over 5 months in time at Winnebago authorized service centers. I am done and no, I will not list all my issues we dealt with. I refuse to waste any more time. I am so glad that others are happy but please don't disrespect our post and make like we are dishonest because you are so much more fortunate.
Your experiences are unfortunate and I don't wish them on anyone.

How about a hint? What year and model coach?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:37 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

FWIW It's things like this that make me wonder:
"The luan (wall paper) on our new coach was folding and wrinkling in 12 different locations. And because we we were out of warranty by a few months they would not assist us."

What I wonder is how the plywood wrinkled or was there a laminate on it? Either way that is usually a sign of excessive moisture. It would have me wondering what they users were doing to have that happen. Steamy showers with no venting, letting the kettle boil for a while, or winter living with no dehumidifier comes to mind. There are probably more reasons if I thought a bit. None of them are the fault of the builder.

Refusing to help after the warranty runs out. What part of limited time don't people get? The purchase price does not grant special treatment in any product I have ever serviced for warranty work or seen serviced past warranty except for a *few* exceptions made because something really screwed up.

Leaves me wondering what the point of the complaint is.

Looked at the Newmar link.

Perhaps the idea is to cause enough problems to get a special deal. If that is the case I hope it bombs for both of them. It just runs up the price for the rest of us.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Mackspot:

Good luck to you and I hope you find the right RV. All manufacturers have their issues, its how they deal with those issues is what makes the difference.

R/S
Lanny
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:38 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

You have posted 41 times since 02/10/2013. Ten of those posts contain the following:

(Many folks want to know about Winnebago products. My experience has not been very good. Bought it new off the lot in 2013. We have had over 90 (yes ninety) items that have been needed service)

Never once have you asked us for help. Many of us would go a long way to help you if you had.

Many of us love our Winnebago's
and are proud of the company that built them. They are not perfect but non are.

Please present your list so we can get busy and help you Bob.

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:41 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Why is it that OP has never bothered to state the year, model, or when they purchased the RV? Who worked on it? Was it Camping World? Year and model is not part of their signature as requested often when you post to a forum, and not mentioned even in this 'rage quit' posting. Sorry, but I just don't take this sort of posting seriously. There's no give and take, and a serious lack context for us owners of different models and years. JMO.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

winnebago

For all the folks defending Winnebago ever notice it takes weeks sometimes months to get an appointment. Walk back to the service bays and they are all full. My Sunstar 27n was in for warranty work 2 month's for the first three month's we had it. My old 2004 Fleetwood Terra only saw the dealer once in 11 years. Our friends have a 2000 Mini 26 class c and it has better quality than mine.

Mike
rvmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmike View Post
For all the folks defending Winnebago ever notice it takes weeks sometimes months to get an appointment. Walk back to the service bays and they are all full. My Sunstar 27n was in for warranty work 2 month's for the first three month's we had it. My old 2000 Fleetwood Terra only saw the dealer once in 11 years. Our friends have a 2000 Mini 26 class c and it has better quality than mine.

Mike

Sorry Mike
Can't help you my coach has never been to a dealer for repair.
BTW your profile says you are a Fleetwood owner?
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:04 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Need to update profile

Sold the Terra in 2015 and bought the Sunstar 27n in Dec. Windshield had to be reset, no caulking in bottom right corner, constant water leaks into the basement, shower pulling away from the wall, Water leak into basement was a bad kitchen faucet which was hooked up backwards I could keep going but it is getting late. BTW I am an aircraft mechanic so many other things I just dealt with instead of waiting weeks.

Mike
rvmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:07 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Welcome Troll

Personally with all of the OP's non-specific whining I'm glad he's now out of the group. I have had nothing but first class treatment anytime I've been at the dealer, and that was TEN years ago. This coach has been trouble free and even the few times I've needed to contact the factory, they were responsive. I'll be happy to list my issues if the OP does the same..

IMO anyone who has "hundreds" of problems has absolutely no clue mechanically how things work and expect things to be perfect with no excuses why not.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:26 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Or winter living with no dehumidifier comes to mind.
Maybe I should make this a separate post but thought maybe it would be appropriate here.

We would really like to know more about this one subject you mentioned in your reply. We are preparing to semi-retire & FT travel in a few months and this—dehumidifying—issue has been discussed & researched by my wife & I some, but I don't think we truly understand how this occurs in the winter and what proper steps should be taken & equipment that should be used to prevent interior damage and to maintain a proper environment inside. Could you please elaborate some more on this subject so we can take proper precautions?
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago