Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #41
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Scott-

Did S/N send a new foam divider for the new bladders? Or do you have to use the same ole saw-tooth flimsy piece that was with the original? For the likes of me, I can't see how anyone could keep from rolling to the center if they all have the same thin narrow piece of foam that is in mine.

Wagonmaster2
Wagonmaster2,
They sent a single 2" wide, 4" tall, 80" long "non-sawtooth" piece of foam with the new mattress's. By the way, in between our old chambers was "3" of those sawtooth pieces of foam. Total, it was about 4" thick, plus or minus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pameridan04 View Post
Hi Scott:

Do you have the nember for the SN bed handy? I believe you said it was $101 for the new air chambers.

If it worked for you I would go for it.

PAM..Jim P.
PAM..Jim P.
Here ya go partner:
Customer Service
Old 05-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Hi Scott:

Thanks buddy your the best.....

PAM... Jim P.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

I don't know if sleep number had anything like this. But I noticed after I bought our tempurpedics, we got Xlong twins for each of us. You can push the beds together and its like one big king, but ours are adjustable. You can even sleep on the place between the beds and its comfortable.

I was reading through the literature and it said not really suitable for those that weigh 300 pounds or over. We don't, but I'm thinking what if I had bought them and then found this out if I were that weight or over. Wonder if Sleep Number had some kind of weight issue like these do.

My husband likes the adjustable feature to watch tellie, and the massage but doesn't really care for these beds. I like mine. I have reflux and really need to sleep raised, I didn't think a one piece bed would work for both of us.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #44
Winnebago Camper

we have had our 07 Adventurer with a sleep number and have had no problems, hope the new system will help your problem
Herb, Mar and camping dog Lucy
07 Adventurer
Old 05-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #45
Winnebago Master

herbertgk,
Thank you Sir, for the encouragement. It's presently in place, inflated and ready for a test camp sleep. We'll be heading out in about a week for three days at our local beach for some camping. That will be the test.
Scott
Old 05-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #46
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Wagonmaster2,
They sent a single 2" wide, 4" tall, 80" long "non-sawtooth" piece of foam with the new mattress's. By the way, in between our old chambers was "3" of those sawtooth pieces of foam. Total, it was about 4" thick, plus or minus.

PAM..Jim P.
Here ya go partner:
Customer Service
No wonder we roll to the center. Our 2004 coach's S/N mattress came with a single piece of sawtooth foam maybe 3/4"-1" thick and nothing to actually hold the two bladders together. If I can find a mattress company locally that has a good quality foam I may try a 2" thick piece about 4" tall and see how that works. The 12" wide piece I placed under the sawtooth at least helped the looks, haven't slept on it yet.
Can't imagine the junk S/N put in these mattresses and called them a good product they don't stand behind.

Wagonmaster2
Old 05-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #47
Winnebago Watcher

Don’t have much time to get into it but there is an alternative solution for improving sleeping quality in your R.V. It’s called the Froli Sleep System. Go to the Froli site and check out the system and read the testimonials. We have both the Star and Travel versions on our sailboat and we love them. The Froli works with any type mattress. We have 4" foam mattresses and the comfort level is that of a home bed. This is no joke. It also has alleviated the moisture under the mattress and it is lite weight. We are very pleased with this product.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #48
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
herbertgk,
Thank you Sir, for the encouragement. It's presently in place, inflated and ready for a test camp sleep. We'll be heading out in about a week for three days at our local beach for some camping. That will be the test.
Scott
How was the trip?

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Old 06-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #49
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
How was the trip?
Kathryn,
My apologies for not doing the return report. The trip, a local 3 day stay at a military campground on the beach at Camp Pendleton, was very, very nice. We were the guest's of a retired Master Chief and his wife. Anyway, the new bed system, seemed to perform like a champ. We had no inclination to the center of the bed as before. She kept hers around a setting of 45 and I fluctuated mine between 55 and 65 as I was trying to find a comfort zone.

At this point in time, while the be IS working, the jury's still out on whether it's for us or not. This is our fourth motor home and by far, the nicest but, the sleep number bed is just different than the other ones. We've checked out other alternatives and, well, we'll just keep this one 'till we both decide it simply will not work for us. We get what seems to be a fairly good nights sleep but, we're just not sure (of the bed). We might try a 2" memory foam topper on it and see if that secures the keeping of the bed.

Sorry again for the late report.
Scott
Old 06-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #50
Winnebago Camper

Have an issue with mine. It has 2 hand units to adjust pressure. Have used it since July 2007 in our motorhome, as we are full timers.

Here is what going on. Sometimes it goes on and sometimes not. Right now, after traveling for a long distance, the right hand control will come on and show 2 dashes. Will not inflate the bed. The other hand unit is dark, no light. Bed almost fully deflated. It may act this way for a bit and then it will work.

Any suggestions as do what is gong on?

Thank.

Steve
Old 06-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #51
Winnebago Master

Steve;

I had a similar problem in a 2003 Chieftain. I believe it is the control board in the pump. I called Sleep Number and told them what is happening. I gave them my serial number and model number of the pump and they shipped me a new pump with new controls. The pump was out of warranty so I had to pay for the new one. If I remember correctly the pump was located under the bed and attached to the floor with velcro and the mattress had to be removed to get at it.

Good luck with your problem. When you get the problem solved please report back here. I have the same set up in my Horizon and I am sure many others do as well.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 06-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #52
Winnebago Master

bigdomino,
We too have dual hand controls. I guess they come that way on some. Why, I'm not sure because you can control both sides of the bed with one, but, no biggie. Anyway, yes, ours shows the two lines in the screen on the controls too. But, those always go away and, at the minute, I can't remember if we have to let the button go or, just hold it in the "on" position 'till the screen shows the setting for the side pushed. But, it always comes up. So, if you're having a problem, I've no clue which way to send you.

Petro sounds like he's had the same issue and it's been resolved.
Scott
Old 06-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #53

We had the dual wired controls that came with the coach when it was new where the displays on both finally went blank. However, both continued to function properly pertaining to adjusting the bed but we couldn't actually see the setting number displayed on the hand-held wired remotes. So we just played with the up-and-down buttons until we found a comfortable position. The problem is that we can't determine what position it is as we couldn't see the display.

We finally decided to call SleepNumber to see if we could order new hand-held controls. They explained that they no longer used the wired hand-held control units and they'd have to send us a new pump which came with wireless controls. They told us that we still had some coverage left on the warranty so we could get a discount on the package. It was a bit over $100 so we decided to order it.

When it arrived, we noticed that it only had one wireless remote. I called SleepNumber and told them we were missing one remote. They told us, no, that's the way it's suppose to be ...that one remote will control both sides of the bed. We examined the remote and sure enough, it had buttons to show left and right. They said if we would like another remote that they could send us one for $50 but two remotes are no longer necessary.

Okay, so that's fine ...we thought. But we noticed that the new wireless remote would not fit perfectly into the holder on the wall. We called SleepNumber back and asked if they sold a plastic wall holder that would accommodate the new wireless remote. They explained that it was not their part but is a Winnebago part.

Conclusion: We decided not to install the new kit yet as the bed is still working properly and we like having a separate remote for each side of the bed. So that's our story. I'm okay for now but I'd sure like to see what "number" that I'm sleeping on as isn't that the purpose of a SleepNUMBER bed? *shrugs* I guess we should install the new pump.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #54
Winnebago Master

amanda H,
Bingo! You hit the nail right on the head. Your remote does not fit the holder? Yep, ours too. It actually fits better if you put the remote in the holder upside down. But, that looks funny so we keep it up right. It sits offset in it, not quite seated all the way. The DW and I both noticed it just after we purchased the coach. They, so far, have not fallen out of the holders during travels or being parked, they just don't sit right.

What I've done in the past, in situations like this when it involved our garage door openers is, heated the holders for the little remotes until they became real pliable. Then, just sort of "remolded" them around the little remotes until they fit better, worked like a charm. Now, a hair dryer won't work, but an industrial heat gun does just fine at that.
Scott
Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #55

Scott, when surfing the web the other day, I noticed a photo of a coach for sale with a wireless remote in a holder on the wall. The resolution wasn't really good but it actually appeared to fit in the holder. I'm wondering if Winnebago made a holder for the slightly fatter wireless remote at some point?

Was your coach retrofitted with the wireless system or did it come from the factory like that? I assume former as why would they put a holder on the wall that didn't fit the remote?

If we come across somebody with an industrial heat gun, we may give your idea a try. Thanks for suggesting it. We'll let you know.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #56
Winnebago Master

amanda H,
We are the third owners of our coach. To the best of our knowledge, the second owners made no adjustments of any sort to the sleep number bed and/or any portion (including the remotes or holders) of it. We do have the address off the original owner(s) and I've been tempted, several times, to write the original owners and ask what mods or changes were done, after the purchase when new. I have mixed emotions on writing such a letter. The reason, I'm not sure how I'd act in receiving such a letter. Maybe I'm "reading" too much into my own thoughts and potential actions.

There are a few other items on this coach that appear to be not original equipment/ideas etc. So, did the original holders for those remotes house wired remotes or, is it the normal case where a manufacture had a zillion of them in boxes and when Sleep number changed to wireless remotes, Winne and Itasca just decided to keep using the "wired" remote holders for the wireless ones even though the fit was not perfect?
Scott
Old 06-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #57
Winnebago Watcher

Ive talked to several people who have had problems with the Sleep Number collapsing on them. That is why I love my Tempurpedic, no possibilities of losing air.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #58
Winnebago Camper

I've tried unsuccessfully for 3 years to try to find why one side leaks down SOMETIMES and the other never leaks down. I've called their customer service and did many attempts to eliminate any loose connections both above the bed board and below the board. My next attempt will be to see if I can glue/cement all hose-fitting connections. After that I'm going to do like one other person did, GET RID OF IT!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #59
Winnebago Camper

My parents have had to replace the controls on theirs a second time now. Theirs is 6 years old and they full time.
The first and second one was wired, this time they sent them a wireless unit.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #60
Winnebago Master

Well gang,
It's been a while since I created this thread but, ever since S/N sent me new mattress's, we've been pretty happy with the system so far. It does like all of them do, it will self inflate or deflate due to altitude. But, that's normal for it. But, as for any leaks, we didn't have any in the old mattress's and, pretty sure we don't have any in the new ones either.
Scott
Closed Thread