Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I just replaced my Sleep number pump unit. I found Winnebago tape a bag with 2 caps to seal the chamber to the top of the Sleep number pump unit. The instruction on the bag "IMPORTANT Do Discard these Caps - Please store this bag inside the mattress before zipping it closed". When one the fittings crack I could have used the cap to seal the the chamber with was not leaking the and use its good fitting to inflate the the other chamber. This cost we few nights of no sleep! The good part of this story is the great service I received from Select Comfort. I called to get a replacment fitting the service rep asked if any other problems I told him that some digits on the controls are not working. So he sent a new pump assy with new controls and new hose kit for RVs. The new hose kit should keep the fitting from cracking.
Great service shipped free a UPS return label and no credit card number in case I did not return the old unit. --- Great Service!!

2005 Itasca 38R Suncruiser
Frank (Wires) & Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I just replaced my Sleep number pump unit. I found Winnebago tape a bag with 2 caps to seal the chamber to the top of the Sleep number pump unit. The instruction on the bag "IMPORTANT Do Discard these Caps - Please store this bag inside the mattress before zipping it closed". When one the fittings crack I could have used the cap to seal the the chamber with was not leaking the and use its good fitting to inflate the the other chamber. This cost we few nights of no sleep! The good part of this story is the great service I received from Select Comfort. I called to get a replacment fitting the service rep asked if any other problems I told him that some digits on the controls are not working. So he sent a new pump assy with new controls and new hose kit for RVs. The new hose kit should keep the fitting from cracking.
Great service shipped free a UPS return label and no credit card number in case I did not return the old unit. --- Great Service!!

Old 12-01-2007, 03:27 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

No, I don't know where my caps are.

Needed them this summer when the wife's side had a leak. Luckily, it was simply a loose connection at the air bladder fitting. Customer service indicated I should use cap - I didn't know I should have them. Where did you find yours?

I guess I should have them send me some.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Its great to hear of your good service. So many times we only hear of problems and not the satisfaction we get from dealing with a reasonable company. Happy Santa Month
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:21 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Caps where taped on the top of the pump unit - you need to remove the bed platform (4) screws to get at the pump.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thanks, Frank.

I'll look there!
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We had similar trouble with our pump and couldn't find the caps anywhere in the MH, but... we did find you a sleep number bed store in a local mall and they were more than happy to give us caps for the bed.
We also had a similar experience with SN customer service. Sent us a brand new pump to the campground we were staying at... no charge... no problems... no hassles.
Skipit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
B K
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frank (Wires) & Jean:
Caps where taped on the top of the pump unit - you need to remove the bed platform (4) screws to get at the pump. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget to release the shocks first! Yeah, from experience.

B K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:28 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I located my SN caps in the last section of my nap sack full of manuals.
My question is this, when I turn all the power off in the RV and leave it over night, most of the air has leaked out of the mattress. I was told by my dealer service man that that was normal as the mattress needs power to stay inflated.
Is that right? That doesn't seem right to me. Do I have a leak and should use the caps to insure that the mattress stays inflated even when all power is off?
Thanks in advance from this newby of two week and a babe in the woods relative to most things in my new RV.
NCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:12 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I have never had a sleep number bed. Is that pump a 12 volt or a 120 volt pump.

We do a lot of boondocking is why I ask.

1999-2008 traded in Suncruiser 90,000 miles
Jeeperrmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:33 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Tom, that doesn't sound right to me either. We've 'boondocked' at WalMart and other places without power...and never had a problem.

It DID lose air on our trip out west....but we were going from higher altitude to lower (normal) one...to be expected.

Rose
Old 12-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

If you are losing air over night check for very small cracks at the fitting at the air chamber. Use water with soap just like checking LP Gas line.- If ok use one of the caps to see if the pump is leaking.

The the fitting is must likely the problem - besure to get the RV Hose Kit this should solve the problem.