Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2007, 05:08 AM   #1

I notice Winnebago isn't installing skylights anymore in the shower area of the '07 Voyages, Adventurers, and Ellipse models. Does anyone know of any models they ARE installing these? I wonder if this isn't another cost savings idea by Winnebago....

P.S. We like our shower skylight in our '06 Voyage, as it gives additional room in the shower, and additional light in a normally dark area.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:08 AM   #2

I notice Winnebago isn't installing skylights anymore in the shower area of the '07 Voyages, Adventurers, and Ellipse models. Does anyone know of any models they ARE installing these? I wonder if this isn't another cost savings idea by Winnebago....

P.S. We like our shower skylight in our '06 Voyage, as it gives additional room in the shower, and additional light in a normally dark area.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hate to hear that, we like ours too. Especially when tall friends camp with us (extra head room in the shower). I wish I had skylights in the living room and bedroom too.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Tall friends will be fine. Skylights (and their leaks) went away with 7' ceilings, no need for the headroom increase in the shower.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

They are in the 2007 Journeys as before. But remember -- the Journey still has the lower roof line.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Our Sightseer 35J has a skylight. I liked that but finally it was nice to have a light in the shower area and not depend on the one in the bath area - not everyone showers in the daylight.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:40 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I like the skylight too, but wonder if it may become a problem down the road from uv sunlight making it weaken over time and how hard it would be to replace. Anyone have any experience with this? Our bathroom hinged vent cover had to be replaced after only 1 year as it had become as brittle as a potato chip! I discovered that accidently when washing the roof of our motorhome. If I hadn't noticed it then I'm sure the first hard rain/and or hail storm would have busted it up. I replaced the hinged cover and then put one of those Vent Mate covers over that so I won't have to worry about that for a while.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:54 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

We like the skylight in our shower. As far as how long they will last, when we traded our '97 Adventurer, the bathroom skylight was still in fairly good shape with the exception of one crack that seemed to be a result of a tree limb falling on it. It was patched with Eternabond tape. As far as replacing one, looks like about the same as replacing other things on the roof.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

The skylight on my '00 Journey (just traded) was in excellent shape after 6+ years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote