Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Side window noise

We have a 2012 Itasca Meridian 40U. We bought it new and customized it to suit our 'half time' use. We like the coach, except for one thing - wind noise from the drivers side window. Two factors seem at play: 1) The location of the rear view mirrors beside the window. 2) The window only has a single pane. Wind coming around the front windshield and directly onto the mirror creates turbulence and loud wind noise at speeds above 55 mph (i.e. 65 mph on interstates). I have tried moving the mirror arm forward and back with little improvement.

Has anyone found a solution to this aggravating problem?

Thanks - Rob
roblaura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I live with the noise...park the RV in a campground site and enjoy the quiet.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Same problem with our 2012 Journey 42E. No fix I know of.
mcmjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

One thing that might be causing it are the weep or drip channels along the bottom of the window. These cause a lot of wind noise and they sell covers for them. I have them on mine as do many others and they make a big improvement.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I've cleaned the window drip channels and re-connected the covers, also added a small bit of silicone over the top and front of the covers to keep them in place and it to reduce the wind noise. At least it worked for me.
TbearKline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

x3 on the drip covers. Ours on a 2017 purchase fell off within a few months. Still under warranty. Replacements were siliconed 'with permission from the factory' per service advisor.

Billfish636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Drip Cover Information

Hi,

I know this is an old thread from 2015, but it is relevant to my issue. I am interested in how to locate the drip cover you speak of in this thread. I to have some wind noise on the driver’s side and this may be the fix.

Thanks for any information,

Frederick
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
Hi,

I know this is an old thread from 2015, but it is relevant to my issue. I am interested in how to locate the drip cover you speak of in this thread. I to have some wind noise on the driver’s side and this may be the fix.

Thanks for any information,

Frederick
Frederick,

The weep hole covers did solve much of our side window wind noise. I suggest you contact winnebagoparts.com 800-933-7742. They should be able to send you the covers. You might want to order extras as they come off easily.

Rob
Old 03-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblaura2 View Post
Frederick,

The weep hole covers did solve much of our side window wind noise. I suggest you contact winnebagoparts.com 800-933-7742. They should be able to send you the covers. You might want to order extras as they come off easily.

Rob
Thanks Rob. I will do that. I should have included in my original request that I do not know what these weep hole covers are, nor do I know what they look like. So, as a virgin I am not sure what I am looking for to see if it’s damaged or missing. I’ve searched google images but could not find a picture.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:55 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Redid my google image search with caps on words and Winnebago instead of RV and found the picture and location. Thanks again Rob.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:16 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Frederick,

The weep 'holes' are to let water escape at the bottom of the front side window frame (and other window frames on some models). The 'holes' are actually small rectangular slots. The covers are rectangular plastic pieces that clip over the slots. You might think the slot are too small to create a lot of wind noise at speed, but they do. The covers direct the wind past the slots, and thus greatly reduce the noise. The covers come off easily, especially as they age. So having a few extras is handy.

Rob

Tags
noise, window