Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Service / Repairs in Forest City, Iowa?

Hi All -- I will in taking the Winnebago factory tour in Forest City, IA in a couple weeks. I need a few repairs. My Adventurer motorhome is a 2010 and out of warranty now.

I don't know if Winnebago has a service center in Forest City (I would think they must, but didn't see it on their website), and if they do, if it is a good choice for out of warranty work?

Recommendations for repair work in Forest City?
Old 08-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMChad View Post
Hi All -- I will in taking the Winnebago factory tour in Forest City, IA in a couple weeks. I need a few repairs. My Adventurer motorhome is a 2010 and out of warranty now.

I don't know if Winnebago has a service center in Forest City (I would think they must, but didn't see it on their website), and if they do, if it is a good choice for out of warranty work?

Recommendations for repair work in Forest City?
A phone call to Winnebago should help answer your question.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

They have a huge service center. You should surely make an appointment because this is their busy time of year. Without an appointment, you can be put on a list and they will work you in. I've heard folks on the waiting list can get lucky and get in in a day or two or you can wait for several days.

And yes, it is the best choice for any work on your Winnebago.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

The Service Center in Forest City is an excellent place to get work done. Until you get in, there is free parking with 50 amp service across the street at the Visitor Center. Usually they get you in the next day from when you show up. There is also a city park with full hookups called Pammel Park. Here is a map of the factory and Forest City.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The service center front lot and visitor center are only 50 amp. The service center has some 30 amp posts in the overflow lot . When you arrive at either centers you will be given a window display permit. The park mentioned earlier has excellent dump and fresh water facilities free of charge. Enjoy!
Old 08-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

When we got there early we have often stayed over in the rally field. They have the electricity turned on in two or three rows. You do need the placard from the service center taped to your windshield. There arewater and dump sites there plus a bath house.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Forest City has a great service department. We took or 2001 Adventurer there for both warranty and non warranty work. The last time we were there it was 12 years old and had almost 100,000 miles on the odometer We'll be taking our 2013 Adventurer in later this year for some warranty work.

They offer a discount on service work if you're a WIT (Winnebago Itasca Trvelers) member
Old 08-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Normally, you should make an appointment if you need service. At this time of year, they are likely fully booked 6-8 weeks out. You can "drive in" for service and you will likely get looked at in a couple of days. Mondays are always fully booked so make sure you register at the service center as soon as you get there to get on the waiting list. There service is excellent, they have all parts available and are likely an order of magnitude more knowledgeable than their dealers.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:56 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thank You

Thanks to everyone for the information!

I'll call Winnebago on Monday and try to get on the service schedule.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Just came from there. I had broken bolts in the center tube of my full wall slide. It took a day to get serviced. Just a note--they do not process extended warrantees when coming in on an unscheduled appointment and they are booked through the end of Sep for scheduled appointments.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

On an opposite note, I had a very unsatisfactory service at the Center. The personnel were very pleasant and great to work with but the actual repair service was lacking.

Summary: Kwikee jacks when retracted - alarm would not shut off.
10 days of servicing
last day parked in parking lot and asked me to check as they fixed it.
Ran the jacks down - "Out Of Stroke" fault indicator (Not present before they worked on it.
Raised jacks and alarm kept sounding.

With three technicians and the service writer all mulling around at what could be wrong I asked, "Did you check the pressure on the port to see if there was 1500 psi?"

The service writer look at the technician in charge and the technician said, "We don't have a gauge." (Come on! This is the factory service center.)

Now this is still an on-going problem 2 years later. I put a kill switch on the DC line to the control board so I could turn the alarm off as we traveled down the road. PowerGear/Kwikee recommended throwing parts at it.

Still baffled, but it left an impression in me regarding the service center.

Not is all as it seems sometimes.

Happy trails.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I had my 2004 adventurer serviced at Lictshin (sic) motors. Very satisfied with the service I received. Returning in October for more service.

Bob
Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboy1942 View Post
I had my 2004 adventurer serviced at Lictshin (sic) motors. Very satisfied with the service I received. Returning in October for more service.

Bob
c

Lichtsinn is a good alternate to the Service Center as they have quick access to Winnebago's parts.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Just came from there. I had broken bolts in the center tube of my full wall slide. It took a day to get serviced. Just a note--they do not process extended warrantees when coming in on an unscheduled appointment and they are booked through the end of Sep for scheduled appointments.
I called Winnebago Service Monday and found out the same. We'll try checking in when we arrive and see how long it will be before they can work us in. The main issue is a water leak in the PEX -- easy for me to fix if I could get to it but I can't.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hilley View Post
c

Lichtsinn is a good alternate to the Service Center as they have quick access to Winnebago's parts.
Good tip on Lichtsinn -- will keep that as a back-up.

Tags
repair, repairs, service