Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Just wanted to comment on the awesome service we received from the customer service center at the factory. We stopped in last week on our way home from South Dakota to take the factory tour. While there I figured we might as well try to have a few things taken care of on the Motorhome. Showed up Monday morning at 7am to sign up for the non appointment line and it was so crowded there wasn't anywhere to park. I didn't know that the Grand National rally had just ended and there were a whole lot of folks that stayed over to have services completed. They got me in on Wednesday and took care of everything requested and then some. During the courtesy roof inspection they found a problem that could have been real expensive had it not been caught when it was. Everything was covered by warranty and I left a happy camper. Angela, who works the desk where you sign in, and Kirk the service tech were both great. I wish I could get service like that from my local dealer.
Marshall316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Just wanted to comment on the awesome service we received from the customer service center at the factory. We stopped in last week on our way home from South Dakota to take the factory tour. While there I figured we might as well try to have a few things taken care of on the Motorhome. Showed up Monday morning at 7am to sign up for the non appointment line and it was so crowded there wasn't anywhere to park. I didn't know that the Grand National rally had just ended and there were a whole lot of folks that stayed over to have services completed. They got me in on Wednesday and took care of everything requested and then some. During the courtesy roof inspection they found a problem that could have been real expensive had it not been caught when it was. Everything was covered by warranty and I left a happy camper. Angela, who works the desk where you sign in, and Kirk the service tech were both great. I wish I could get service like that from my local dealer.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Angela and the other ladies that are behind the counter are genuine sweethearts. They are really good at what they do and are very personable.

You did meet Jill at The Lodge, didn't you???

We have also had excellent service in FC and to me, it is the best place to get your coach worked on

Welcome to the forum

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Would you tell us what they found during their inspection? It may help others catch a problem early.

Thanks and welcome aboard.

Pete
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the welcome John. Forgot to mention Jill...also got great service from her at the Lodge.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Sure Pete. On the left side of the coach, at about the middle of the coach, the drip rail had come loose from the wall. They pulled back the roof cove and found three screws loose and one broken. It was hard to see because the slide topper conceals that part of the drip rail. Two sections of the drip rail meet at that point and the tech noticed that they didn't line up like they should, so that caused him to investigate a little closer. They peeled back the roof cove, replaced and tightened the screws, and resealed everything. The tech said it could have been ugly had the roof come loose there and the wind gotten under the cove. I also had noticed two ripples about ten inches long in the fiberglass where it bends over to meet the drip rail at the front left corner of the roof. The gel coat or paint had started to crack along those ripples so I was concerned that water may get in thru the cracks. They grinded the ripples down, filled, primed, and painted the area. The work looked great. Kinda hard to explain without pics but I hope you can picture what I'm talking about.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, every bit of info helps us keep ahead of any problems. Happy trails,

Pete
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
JC2
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marshall316:
Just wanted to comment on the awesome service we received from the customer service center at the factory. We stopped in last week on our way home from South Dakota to take the factory tour. While there I figured we might as well try to have a few things taken care of on the Motorhome. Showed up Monday morning at 7am to sign up for the non appointment line and it was so crowded there wasn't anywhere to park. I didn't know that the Grand National rally had just ended and there were a whole lot of folks that stayed over to have services completed. They got me in on Wednesday and took care of everything requested and then some. During the courtesy roof inspection they found a problem that could have been real expensive had it not been caught when it was. Everything was covered by warranty and I left a happy camper. Angela, who works the desk where you sign in, and Kirk the service tech were both great. I wish I could get service like that from my local dealer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're thinking about going to the factory in FC for the tour and was wondering if they have a campground there or are there others close to FC?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:47 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

JC2,

There are a few spaces available with electric hook ups right in the visitors center parking lot, and a few more next to the service center. Those sites are free and there is a two day limit. If those sites are full, which they probably won't be, there is a campground in the city at Pammel Park. Those cost $15 per night and they are also electric only. If you are having your unit serviced the service department will give you a pass to park on the rally grounds across the street from the visitors center. Rows 7 and 8 will have power and they are also free. The factory tour was neat.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:06 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

If you are not there for service, put the jacks down at the Visitor's Center. Water and a dump are available across the highway at the rally grounds. There is also a faucet available at the VC.

Your chances of finding an electrical hookup at the VC is very high. You can always dry camp in the gravel lot to the immediate south of the VC until a hookup is available. If you did 'accidentally' camp at the rally grounds, I seriously doubt if that would be a problem.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:42 AM   #11
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the CG info. We've got a few issues for them to look at when we decide on the date(s).