Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Seat Belts w/the U-shaped dining seat

We are considering a purchase of a 2009 Tour and it has the U-shaped dining seat. We do not live close to the dealer and have only viewed on the internet, but I wondered if this type of seating has seat belts??

Many thanks
Marty&Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Why not call and ask the dealer to be sure??

I think by law, rear facing seats can not have belts (or be used in motion) so the forward facing booth side (and side facing) can have them. My booth dinette has it that way.

Nice rig! Good luck on it...
Old 12-05-2009, 05:11 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

My U shaped dinette in the Itasca Cambria has seat belts. Should be under your cushions.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:10 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

My 08 floorplan is still on the Winnebago web site and clearly marks where the seat belts are
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDude View Post
Why not call and ask the dealer to be sure??

I think by law, rear facing seats can not have belts (or be used in motion) so the forward facing booth side (and side facing) can have them. My booth dinette has it that way.

Nice rig! Good luck on it...
My father-in-law's Navion has belts on the rear facing dinette bench, and none on the forward. So I don't think there is any such law.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

The 40 WD model does not have seat belts in the dinette
jimjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for everyone's reply. I will visit the dealer today and have a look. Our granddaughters normally travel in the dinnette of our current coach, so I want to make sure whatever we get has seat belts.

Thanks again
Old 12-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2009 Tour WD with the u-shaped dinette. There are no seat belts with the dinette, however, the couch has three, and the theater seats have 2. This gives a total of 7 when you include the driver and passanger seat. So far we have put over 12000 miles on the coach and absolutely love it.
newk72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:04 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Marshall. Strangely my name is Marshall also, but I go by Marty. We will pick up our Tour after Christmas in Florida. More more query, looks like the grey tank is only 52 gallons or so, can this be expanded somehow???

Thanks

Marty
Old 12-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

First, Marty, congratulations on your purchase. I know you will like it as much we do ours. The grey tank is only 52 galllons, however, the bathroom sink drains into the black tank. This helps a little. When boondocking, one could wash dishes in the bath sink instead of the galley, and other creative uses. One might be able to install a crossover to pump from the grey tank to the black tank. If you would like to know the items we have had a problem with let me know. Also I have just installed a TruCenter steering control to help with the cross winds we experience in West Texas. I will post the results when we return from a 1000 mile trip this week
newk72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:15 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Marshall. Yes I would be interested in things to look out for with the coach. Here is my e-mail. This will be out first diesel, so I have a lot to learn. We have had our Adventurer for about 6 years and it was a learning experience as well.

[email protected]
Old 12-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

The circular seat with a table does not have seat belts. Plus there is a sticker above the seat that says it isn't to be used when traveling.

There is also the issue of space. With the slides retracted, there is almost no room between the table and the seat back.

Bill Barton
ouraydog is offline   Reply With Quote