Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-09-2004, 08:00 AM   #41
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by El Jeffe:
Is this a problem with a lot of dealers with out regard for the brand ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Jeffe, This problem is not unique to Winnebago Industries. It's going to be exactly the same with other manufacturer's dealers.

Sometimes you're going to find a dealer that's going to be very understanding and will accommodate you as soon as they can and then there are other dealers that will eventually get to you in a few weeks.

This in of itself is not how I would purchase a motorhome. You can reasonably expect your dealer to fix the thing and if you're on the road and something breaks well ... that's too bad, regardless of if you buy a Fleetwood, a Newmar, Damon or Winnebago your on the road service expectations should be the same. More than likely not doable but you might be surprised if you happen to do business with a good dealership and service manager.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:18 PM   #42
Winnebago Watcher

I wonder if its possible to have a forum section that lists Winnebago dealers (good & bad) along with supporting SHORT comments.

2004 38G Adventurer, W22/22.5 tires
dollhseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 01:06 AM   #43
Winnie-Wise

That's a pretty good idea, Gene. It may be helpful to others looking for a good dealer for service (or one to avoid!).
I can nominate Begg's RV in N. Canton OH as a dealer who cares and does great service in a timely manner.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:40 AM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Many dealers have a hard time getting qualified workmen and have a hard time servicing the units they sell. When someone else comes in they go on a priority system and the local purchasers get the edge. I have had the same attitude from a Ford teuck center when it came to servicing the chassis for Ford problems. I found another dealer!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner

I bought my coach from a dealer 2 miles from my house. It took a year and several trips to his service department to fix the little bugs all new coaches have. Nothing major, but I lost faith in the service department as they couldn't keep good techs and were getting kids off the street that didn't know squat about a motor home and putting them to work on my coach. I was in the coach when one of these boys tried to move it with the jacks down. That was my last trip to that dealer. I love my coach and am very happy with the product though.
Safe Travels, Jim Bob
Old 01-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #46
Winnebago Master

After owning 3 Fleetwoods I have now owned my first and last Winnebago. Fleetwood paid for all expenses for a 2,000 mile round trip to Decatur for a fix the selling dealer couldn't handle. After 2 400 mile round trips to my selling dealer and a 200 mile round trip to another dealer (my selling dealer sold sold out) I had to make a 1,400 mile round trip to Forest City for several items none of these dealers could/would fix. Do you think Winnebago would stand any of the travel expenses. not on your life. If they can't have dealers who are trained for the jobs, then they should not expect the customer to stand any expense for a fix when the coach is still under warranty. Just my sorry experience with a new coach/manufacturer.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:51 AM   #47
Winnebago Master

When I have the motorhome anywhere for service, I always stay with the coach. I've learn from the mechanics and I've pointed out a few things to them also. I also tip them if they take care of my problems to my satisfaction.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:58 AM   #48
Winnebago Master

Have you ever thought about purchasing a brand that does not require trips to the factory for repairs. lol
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #49
Winnebago Owner

amen tom