Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2019, 12:18 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Repair place not to go to in Nevada

I just got my Motor home back from a service center in Carson Nevada and was not very happy. First of all had an apt. on a Wed. at 8 am. went thru list of things I wanted done before a long trip. They knew I needed to pick it up on a Friday a week plus 2 days from then. They did not start on it till Friday afternoon. They do not work Sat or Sun no problem OH Monday is a holiday they are not open. Orginal estimate was 1800.00. They did get some items done but not the ones I wanted for the trip. Step Motor for entry step. Toilet leak were the most important to me. When I got a second list for estimate on the following Wed. it went to 6900.00 for everything. Oh but they will not be able to get it done before I leave. I decided to take the MH back on that Thursday. OBTW your house batteries are at 0 volts. I got it home plugged it in and sure enough the house batteries were 0 volts. Checked inverter, charger and had 110v going in and 0 DC volts coming out. The batteries were 13.5 volts when I droped if off. Well I bought a charger and charged the house batteries which are now 13.5 volts Oh everything works now. Found out they had the inverter on which drained the batteries, was begining to think the converter,charger was bad. They wanted 600 to diagnose the house battery problem...... WHAT. If you want to know where please PM me and I will tell you. DO NOT USE THEM. End of RANT thank you. Oh all is well now everything running and converter,charger is working fine.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, ada, repair