Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2019, 03:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Rain gutters

Hello everyone, I have a Winnebago Vista 36. Just like everyone else front rain gutter runs down the side and stains the windows and paint. Just purchased Camco RV Gutter Spout 4 pack and to my surprise can’t figure out if I can use them or not. Does anybody sell after market rain gutter spouts that will work on a Winnebago? Thanks
Franksteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Unfortunately not that I've ever found and when I asked the question, I got the same few responses. I am somehow, at some time, going to make one.

If someone had the initiative, they could make a killing.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Surprisingly, to me at least, silicone will hold the spout in place.
I trimmed mine with a utility knife so that they'd fit a bit closer to the gutter, but made sure to leave plenty of space to put silicone on. I only put them on front because I couldn't find a way to make them work on back - but that was the main problem area for me due to the way the RV sits when at home. It's been about 350 miles, most of it interstate, and they're still hanging on just fine.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:44 AM   #4
Winnie Driver

Hi, do you have any phots, or could you do a couple?
gravityimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I recently installed EZ gutters over the drivers and passenger windows, figured I'd give them a try. After a couple dozen rains, I can report that they cured the problem to about 80 to 90%. We used to get a massive 4" wide nasty streak on the windows, now it's only a small line and not near as dark. Not a complete fix but a noticeable improvement. On my to-do list is a CAD design for some gutter extensions that fit and have my son 3D print them using a flexible filament. Just haven't got there yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Essential-Pro.../dp/B009IGEM06
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ez gutter.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	171873  
Old 07-05-2019, 11:33 AM   #6
Winnie Driver

Hi, thanks for posting that-looks good.
gravityimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I did pretty much the same for my 2002. I modified the drip extensions to suit and then used self-adhesive Velcro. Rather than some branch or wind gust yanking them off, I remove them when in motion. I also did the EZ gutters for all the windows. Too bad the PO did not - I have blisters to deal with.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rain2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	441.2 KB
ID:	171874  
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:45 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

This is what I used
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I had to paint them to somewhat match, trim the part that slides in your rain gutter, and glue them in. They come and go on Amazon, so far so good.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180720_064406.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	399.3 KB
ID:	171877  
Motts461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:36 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

What a PITA this is for Winnie Owners. Winnebago and CAMCO must have a reason for not making gutter extensions but I can't imagine what it might be.

These streaks running down the sides are both unsightly AND in the front, they run right on top of the window, just asking for water intrusion.

Can't wait until someone solves this one.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:15 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We are recent owners of a Micro Minnie 2106DS. It has gutter extensions on each corner but some evil designer at Win.' Figured the perfect placement for the right front one to have the water drop directly on the back of anyone fetching set up equipment from the basement. Very annoying. I'm heading to a hardware store pretty soon to get some 1" (inside) clear plastic tube to slip over the end of the spout. My thought is to bend it around and route it down the curve of the cabin front. I've not figured out how to attach it yet, and this may be an "attach-as-needed" type of thing, but with the rain that we have been getting here on the East coast I have to do something. I'll do another post with an update on how it goes.

R
Ranald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:33 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

That seems a good idea in the abstract, Ranald... It may be a little industrial and require screws, but classic pipe-clamps would hold it. ' May want to heat the tubing to 'form' it. Show us when you are done.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote