Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #41
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I'd find another dealer. Mine replaced all three house batteries twice under warranty.

Rick
Same here. A lot of the problems blamed on Winnebago and Workhorse are due to individual repair shops trying to "bilk" the customer. If that is not the case, why do different MH owners have different results when faced with identical repair situations? Just my opinion of course.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

But if you bought a Winnebago, Bob would not bring you coffee in the morning and hold your hand. (just humor, folks)

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

We have almost 30,000 on our 07 with no problems other than new house batteries. I like it and what we use it for and for the money we payed for it. We are the second owner. I would consider another Winnie.
ProPride P3 1400#Bars.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthomas1 View Post
Same here. A lot of the problems blamed on Winnebago and Workhorse are due to individual repair shops trying to "bilk" the customer. If that is not the case, why do different MH owners have different results when faced with identical repair situations? Just my opinion of course.
I was dealing with Winnebago Owner Relations on the battery issue. It was somebody at Winnebago corporate that was running me around to NAPA. Despite some little goofy things like not being able to tell that a battery was bad, my dealer did reasonably well by me. My beefs are specifically with Winnebago Corporate.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #45
Winnie-Wise

That seems very strange, I was on the road when my chassis battery failed. I called Winne and they asked for my route and gave me a choice of 2 Winne repair shops to choose from. My 1st chassis battery failure was handled by the local Workhorse repair facility, they did use a NAPA battery for the replacement.

I too would be upset if they sent me to a shop that only provided the battery and not the labor.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #46
Winnebago Owner

Yep, I would look at a Winnebago again, as well as some other brands. I think the dealer is also important to consider while shopping for an rv. We like our Itasca alot and don't regret purchasing it.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:21 AM   #47
Winnebago Owner

I guess I would buy another. On the 3rd one now.

I think one thing people over look having problems with a unit is the number of gadgets in it.

Comparing our first one to our current one. Yes we have had more problems.

But this one has slide, jacks, 3 tv's, controller boxes, 3 radios, tv remotes, remote fans, dvd's, cd players, power sofa's. multiple holding tanks, engine with more safety controls, ceiling fans, dish washer, washing machines, extra fridge/freezer, power awnings, window awnings, power door locks, power shades. The list goes on.

Many more things to go bad or not be right. I can honestly say that anything we have had go wrong are things that were not on our first MH.

1999-2008 traded in Suncruiser 90,000 miles
Jeeperrmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #48
Winnebago Camper

The service providing dealer is just about as important as the motorhome these days. I like both Winnebago and Tiffin. For me it would come down to floorplan and options.... and who would be servicing the coach. The quality of both is the same. Both stand behind their products. Some will argue that you can't beat Bob Tiffin. But my coach is at the dealer getting work done right now - the coach is out of warranty and Winnebago is footing the bill. Am I blindly loyal to Winnebago - no. They need to earn my business every day. Same would go for Tiffin. Good luck.

2009 Vectra 40WD
jimjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #49
doc
Winnebago Owner

Would I buy another one? Tomorrow if the deal was right. Problem is I bought the coach I have now on a wild hare and would take a huge loss to sell it and buy the Winnebago. Winne was good to us when we had the Itasca and we cannot say the same for Damon/Thor crowd.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #50
Winnebago Owner

When I bought my first MH two and a half years ago, my first consideration was would the company still be in business in 5 years so I can get parts and service advice? Figuring that a company that had been is business as long and is as big as Winnebago must be doing something right. Even then I was nervous with all that was going on in the economy and with the auto companies. So far I am very happy with my choice. At the time I was not aware of all of you folks at iRV2 or of the support that is available for DIY people like me from both the factory, suppliers and iRV2. Most of the fixes I have done since my purchase of a used coach have been upgrades or maintenance items, not fixing factory items.

Yes I would buy another Winnebago. And a top of the line gasser at that.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #51
Winnie-Wise

Yep on our second Winny. Few problems. Compared to the FW's we had.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #52
Winnie-Wise

I've had a Fleetwood and now a bought brand new 2007 Sucruiser 33V. We have 47,000 mi on it and had our share of problems the first 2 years. None had to do with the Winne house part of the MH.

Our worst problem was Ford a year ago and we had to replace the engine twice. Our new engine has about 15,000 mi and feels stronger then the original.

The last 2 years have been almost problem free.

Yes I would buy another.
Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #53
Winnebago Owner

Yes, I would another Winnebago.

This is our second MH. Our first was a Mobile Traveler and I would not buy another Mobile Traveler but then they are out of business now. I could not stop the leaks. I was a helicopter repairman in the Army and everthing needs service and repair.

This summer the V10 engine in our MH quit. Ford said we needed a new engine. I know that V10's usually have a long service life but we got the one that failed way too early, 17,900 miles.

That said I would still buy another Winnebago.

JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #54
Winnebago Camper

On my second . . . if it was coming due for replacement I would surely get another Winnebago.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #55
Winnie-Wise

I would have no other brand. Zero problems in 72,000 miles and great tech services. I do all of my own service so I can't comment on service shops but from what I have seen and read about, I'm glad I do my own service. Never had a come back and I get to sleep withe the service guys wife !!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #56
Winnebago Camper

We would NEVER buy another Winnebago, simply because we have no intention of ever changing our Sightseer, its just tooooooooooooooooo good. A super piece of kit.

You lot should try one of our British caravans. Now that is trouble. Try having a look around the Caravan Talk Forum. www.caravantalk.org.uk/

Hello from England
SuperMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #57
Winnebago Owner

Not only would we, but we just did. Our 4th. We have logged over 120,000 miles on the previous 3 since 2005. Our new Tour 42QD we took delivery on on 9/30/10 already has 4,000 miles (including the 1150 delivery miles). After owning 3 prior, I believe that I may finally have a little knowledge about MH's.

Our last coach was a 07 Vectra 40FD. At delivery, it was plagued with initial quality problems. Primarily plumbing leaks. These are not trivial things and I spent a lot of time fuming about it, because they typically showed up at midnight 40 miles from nowhere. Quite discouraging. But eventually got everything right and spent some good times in the rig. I will tell you that keeping my rig maintained and all systems working at a high performance level became my hobby. I would advise anyone buying a motorhome to become as skillful as you can at doing things yourself, just as you do at your brick and morter home.

By initial quality problems, I mean you have to ask how did this thing get out of Forest City like this. That experience caused me to take a hard look at other brands when we made the new purchase. After months of research, looking, checking, talking, looking at this forum, etc. it came down to Winnebago and Tiffin. In the end, took the leap of faith and stayed with the W.

Now, after an extensive shakedown, happy to say that the new rig is just fine. Initial quality is much better. Love the floor plans that Winnebago offers and finally, the price difference between the Tiffin and Tour was substantial, even considering that the Tiffin has a few higher end features, such as independent front suspension.

By the way, when run up on things that I could not fix, I have had little difficulty in getting service help. I won't say frustration free all the time, but always hold the dealer's feet to fire and they get it done. By the way, last 3 rv's came from same dealer.
RBK394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:47 AM   #58
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBK394 View Post
Not only would we, but we just did. Our 4th. We have logged over 120,000 miles on the previous 3 since 2005. Our new Tour 42QD we took delivery on on 9/30/10 already has 4,000 miles (including the 1150 delivery miles). After owning 3 prior, I believe that I may finally have a little knowledge about MH's.

Our last coach was a 07 Vectra 40FD. At delivery, it was plagued with initial quality problems. Primarily plumbing leaks. These are not trivial things and I spent a lot of time fuming about it, because they typically showed up at midnight 40 miles from nowhere. Quite discouraging. But eventually got everything right and spent some good times in the rig. I will tell you that keeping my rig maintained and all systems working at a high performance level became my hobby. I would advise anyone buying a motorhome to become as skillful as you can at doing things yourself, just as you do at your brick and morter home.

By initial quality problems, I mean you have to ask how did this thing get out of Forest City like this. That experience caused me to take a hard look at other brands when we made the new purchase. After months of research, looking, checking, talking, looking at this forum, etc. it came down to Winnebago and Tiffin. In the end, took the leap of faith and stayed with the W.

Now, after an extensive shakedown, happy to say that the new rig is just fine. Initial quality is much better. Love the floor plans that Winnebago offers and finally, the price difference between the Tiffin and Tour was substantial, even considering that the Tiffin has a few higher end features, such as independent front suspension.

By the way, when run up on things that I could not fix, I have had little difficulty in getting service help. I won't say frustration free all the time, but always hold the dealer's feet to fire and they get it done. By the way, last 3 rv's came from same dealer.

Really glad to hear this, as we're considering the 40cd or the 42qd.

Thanks Trap
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #59
Winnebago Owner

Horison is now almost 10 yrs old with 57k miles and is used about 17 times a yr. During this time had the normal new coach warenty problems soon fixed by dealer. Have had no real problems since then. So I would buy another Winny when I wear this one out but bet that will take 10-15 more years at the rate I use it. Ps it is keep in a garage when not in use so this helps keep the looks up.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #60
Winnie-Wise

In a heartbeat. If and when the time comes, I would buy another Winnebago product. Whether I was going up or downsizing. Once again, I would probably buy from the same dealer because their service dept. took such good care of me personally and our W.I.T. chapter. Talk about brand loyalty.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote