Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-25-2014, 03:17 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Mine is designed for the full sized queen and is still a tght fit when the slide is closed but has loop handles on the drawer faces that keep a coil spring mattress from rubbing directly on the woodwork. Depending on the drawer pulls the coach has this may or may not be an issue. The bed covers have got a little marked up with shiney spots from the pulls over the past eight years. I don't trade often so I get to see long term wear and tear cause and effect.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
You have a Sunrise 32V which the floorplan lists as having a 60X75" Queen bed as does the 30W . The 34D and 36M have the 80" long Queen beds.

See page 5 of the brochure:
http://media.goitasca.com/models/glo...unrise-bro.pdf

With the slide closed it may be snug however you may find that the previous owner already replaced the original mattress with a standard Queen. It's time to get the tape measure out and verify. Since it is technically unlawfull to sell a used mattress unless it is professionally sanitized by a credentialed service company I just have the dealer throw the existing one in the garbage for me and then pick up a new one at the wholesale club on my way home. A Serta Perfect Sleeper innerspring works just fine for me however they do have Memory Foam models at reasonable cost too. If you are heading South you may find a memory foam mattress a bit too hot after a long day out in the sun.

If you head South be sure to clean the road salt off the basement frames to prevent the heat from accelerating its corrosive effects. I have seen some get so bad you can pull off hunks of the bin frames with your bare hands so you do want to be carefull of those mild steel parts and road salt.
I'm leaving Sunday morning to escape the storm coming in. I'm hoping I don't run into too much road salt. Talk about rushing to leave. This wasn't my plan to go this soon. As for the bed, The mattress is in good shape so for now I'm putting a topper on it. I hope I sleep on it ok. I love my memory foam and I put a mattress cover on it that really cuts down on the heat. Perhaps I'll just get another topper!
Rendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
I'm leaving Sunday morning to escape the storm coming in. I'm hoping I don't run into too much road salt. Talk about rushing to leave. This wasn't my plan to go this soon. As for the bed, The mattress is in good shape so for now I'm putting a topper on it. I hope I sleep on it ok. I love my memory foam and I put a mattress cover on it that really cuts down on the heat. Perhaps I'll just get another topper!
Have a safe trip. Johnstown, PA born.
inspector8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

When we bought our new RV I tried to sleep on the mattress that came with it. It hurt my back so I bought a memory foam mattress topper and put that over the Winnebago factory mattress. It still hurt my back so I purchased a 6 inch thick piece of foam rubber and removed the factory mattress. I put the memory foam mattress on top of the foam rubber pad and I have not had a problem with the bed.

To cut a memory foam mattress topper to fit an RV short queen I used an electric knife. The electric knife works very well.

Safe travels.

JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote