Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2019, 02:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Tour 42QD

Angry power bed lift quit

As I extended the BR slide, it gave me 2 loud thumps. Now my bed lift won't work. Does anyone know where/what it looks like the interlock for the slide which won't let you lower the bed until the slide is all the way out. Also, Winn Ind said there are a couple of "plungers" which make the bed lift work or not work. Does anyone know where these are and what they look like? This is a 2016 Tour QD (new to us). Pictures please?
rmedlock3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Yours should be similar to our 2016 Journey 40R. The slide interlock is at the top left under the platform when facing the bed. It is a pain in the you know what to get to. "Some" disassembly is required to get to it. Winnebago can email you the wiring and assembly information for the bed lift. It is possible to use the wiring diagram to jumper the wires located behind the right side door under the foot of the bed.

Have you determined if you have a mechanical problem or an electrical issue? Winnebago can help you trouble shoot by reading the blinking light codes on the controller under the bed.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Tour 42QD

power bed lift quit

BVThunder - Thank you for responding. I'll get right after it now that I have some info. No, do not know if electrical or mechanical. Have query into WinnIND now. Will repost if I learn what it is, where it is, and how to diagnose the issue. Maybe it can help someone else too.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:08 PM   #4
Veteran RV Owner

On our 2016 Adventurer, the bed slide will stop working and I have to open an access door at the foot of the bed and reset the system. When I open up the door, I see a flashing red light and the reset button is just to the left of the light. You have to feel for it. Pressing the reset button until I see the light go green. Then, the slide works again.

It would help us if you put your coach info in your signature block! Year, Make and Model will help us help you.
armullis59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
Winnebago Tour 42QD

Signature block.....

I'm sure I overlooked it, but how do I get info into my signature block? And thank you for your bed lift input - work in progress.............
Old 08-07-2019, 05:54 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
FYI, if you get tired of that bed system and want truly adjustable electric beds with regular mattresses, we did it! We are now in a split California King!! It is nnnnniiiiicccccceeeee! Also, allows more space to get into the master bath!
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power