Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2005, 10:19 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I opologize if this has been brought up before, but a search did not turn up anything so here goes: Would it be possible to break down the forums model by model? I am not saying do away with what has been created but have individual forums for owners of let's say Adventurers, Journeys etc. This has been done very successfully on boating forums and clubs. Just a thought. P.S. I can't say enough for all who post and share their knowledge here on this forum. It has been very helpful and time saving. Thanks everyone.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:19 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I opologize if this has been brought up before, but a search did not turn up anything so here goes: Would it be possible to break down the forums model by model? I am not saying do away with what has been created but have individual forums for owners of let's say Adventurers, Journeys etc. This has been done very successfully on boating forums and clubs. Just a thought. P.S. I can't say enough for all who post and share their knowledge here on this forum. It has been very helpful and time saving. Thanks everyone.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Great idea. If you want info on the new Tour you would go to Tour. If it was on Adventurer you would go there. What a concept.
airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I agree that a forum by model would be very well received. Please have one for Suncruiser.
Thanks,
Dick
Old 11-16-2005, 06:52 AM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

For Winnebago Industries alone we would need 20 separate forums. I think in this case less is more. We have been running this model for 5 years now and it seems to work well.

If you have anything that you need to talk about regarding Winnebago Industries products this is the place to do it.

Many of the features from one model span over to the next and it would be a shame to deprive someone of information they would have needed to see for instance if it were posted in a "Sunrise" forum when the person owns a Voyager or other model.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

For what it is worth, I agree with Driver. The forum has worked very well for 5 years and I can't see fixing something that isn't broke. The biggest drawback would be, as was stated by Driver, is that people would miss alot of valuable information when it is posted on a model forum that they do not monitor/subscribe to. IMHO

03 Horizon 39QD
Rick Buddrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

fun time, it is very easy to do a search "FIND"¯ by model name, Sunrise, Brave, Adventurer etc. "search current forum only"¯ when your into the Winnebago Industries Owners Forum.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:28 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Driver: You are correct, you no doubt would need 20+ forums. Having been a Silverton Boat owner for years they have over 32 forums for all of their models including models dating back into the 1960's. It is very simplistic in nature. You simply enter the main page and click on your model. If something is generic to other models, the moderator posts this on the corresponding model forums so no one misses something such as engines, cleaning, tips etc. This breakdown allows individuals to go right to the forum that pertains directly to their specific coarch and not wade through a myriad of information that may or may not pertain to their coach. The second reason for individual forums is to communicate directly with owners of coaches like yours or similar years. It is sometimes difficult for many to relate to someone who has a new Journey for example talking about a specfic problem he or she may have not to mention the time it takes to wade through all the posts that would pertain to my specific coach. I realize there are cross overs such as furniture, engines and other items but the bottom line is no one knows my coach's idiosyncrasies better than another Adventurer owner, notably one who may have the same year.
Here is a perfect example of how specific forums would be very beneficial. We all know there has been a lot of diccussion on tire pressures. I would love to hear from other Adventurer owners specifically what pressures they are running in correlation to their weights. I hope that example makes sense to you and what I am trying to say.
I am very grateful for this forum as it is and as I said in my earlier post I already owe a great deal to all of your for your posts and information you all share. It is very, very helpful. My intention is not create more work or problem but to try to make things a bit easier and learn more. Keep up the great work.