Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

photo of extension of the WB gutter

Can someone who has had success with installing an extension to the gutters on their WB post or email a photo? I have the Camco but it would be nice to see how the DIYers have installed or a dealer either one. I've had enough of the water draining where I don't need it. Also I notice the square drains underneath the channel in the front, rear and middle. I'm wondering if this is the drain in case water gets into the rounded roof cove.
lavamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Smile Two excellent questions

And I look forward to seeing the replies, because both bug me. Thanks for asking.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I'm almost done making diverters that attach to the gutter ends. If they work I'll post it tomorrow. It took me 2 days to make them from a piece of Lexan and figure out how to attach them securely.
TerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

This is what I did on our Sightseer. They are Camco extensions. I used a utility knife to trim the extension to fit better, then secured it to the outer gutter rail with a stainless steel screw. I found a product, Lexel , http://www.sashco.com/hi/lexel.html , at Ace Hardware that helps to further adhere the extension as well as seals any small gaps. Doesn't keep all of the water from the sides but made a marked improvement.
Al

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gutterx.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	47062  
Old 10-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by atodalen View Post
This is what I did on our Sightseer. They are Camco extensions. I used a utility knife to trim the extension to fit better, then secured it to the outer gutter rail with a stainless steel screw. I found a product, Lexel , LexelŽ - The superior alternative to silicone. , at Ace Hardware that helps to further adhere the extension as well as seals any small gaps. Doesn't keep all of the water from the sides but made a marked improvement.
Al

I used these on our fifth wheel, worked pretty good, have been thinking about installing them on ours
Old 01-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I know this thread is a bit old but I am looking for the same solution. I have a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser. Does anyone know which version, manufacturer, model would fit my MH? There is only a small round tube in place now.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by osgoor View Post
I know this thread is a bit old but I am looking for the same solution. I have a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser. Does anyone know which version, manufacturer, model would fit my MH? There is only a small round tube in place now.

Thanks
I used the Camco 42123 set in the above photo. They did have to be shaped with a utility knife to fit better. I don't know if your gutter is the same, though. Good luck, I couldn't find any that fit without some modification.
Al
Old 01-28-2014, 04:33 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

On my 2003 sightseer I did the same thing as Al.But I had to put the left on the right on the left.They will face forward but works very well.I used white RTV to hold them in place.
Johndale is offline   Reply With Quote