Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Ordering 2018 Winnebago Vista LX 30T

I may thinking full body paint. It is $8500.00 but everyone saids it is worth it.
All Weather Upgrade Package. 50 amp with 2 A/C with 2 heat pumps.It switches automatic to 30 amp.
Tri-fold soda bed.
Defroster fans.
Dining Table/ Buffet W/4 Chairs.
40'' TV powered
Vinyl flooring.
1000 Watt inverter.
Exterior Entertainment Center W/ CD player.
Mask protective on front.
Microwave/ convection oven.
Range w/ large oven.
Radio-Satellite SiriusXM.
Passenger seat w/ foot rest.
Driver seat 6*way power.
Studio Loft bed.
TV in bedroom 24''.
Video Camera System.

Does anyone have one of these ? How do you like it ? Can you think of anything else I should get in it ?
Any help you can gave me is appreciated.
a1kaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I am wondering why you need both an oven and a convection oven? Also, note that the lower front protective mask requires the full body paint option.
Dadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

First comment - consider finding a already built Vista LX on a lot like what you want and see what it's discounted MSRP is. Chances are you won't get any dealer to order you one for the same % discount they will sell one already on a lot for. So you may get a lower cost for sacrificing the exact customization.

The colored gel coat still looks good on mine 3 years after the build, I just keep my rig clean and wax once a year - can buy a lot of other things for $ 8500. No mask on the front have about 3 very minor stone chips in the gelcoat after 3 years that are hardly noticable.

The High Pointe Convection Oven they use standard in the Vista LX is not very good. Pretty worthless as an oven unless you use it a lot and get the completely different baking times vs. a real oven figured out. Also marginal as a microwave compared to a true residential like Winnebago uses on their higher end coach lines.

I removed it and replaced with a LG Residential Microwave Oven. I have the propane oven under the stove option - it works good for baking, with a small baking stone in it to even out the temperature.

The stock OEM exhaust fan in the bathroom is junk, it is a un-documented factory option to have them put a Fantastic Fan or MaxxAir there instead I highly recommend doing that. You can also upgrade other fans to thermostatic fans with remote as well as part of a factory ordered coach - also un-documented factory options.

The 1000 Watt Inverter is undersized - won't even run a Keurig Coffee Maker. Also not connected to many outlets inside the RV. I installed a 3,000 Watt and 3 small 15A rated transfer switches so it energizes both breaker fed outlet circuits and the line to the microwave oven. As part of handling that size inverter I also doubled the batteries to 4 12 Volt. Since Winnebago starts you out with two cheap NAPA 90 AH Marine/RV Deep Cycle Batteries on the Vista LX, I just went with two more of the same, and when all 4 wear out will go to true Deep Cycle , or Deep Cycle AGM, or maybe Li if they are cheap and safe enough by then. Having Winnebago start you out with good AGM batteries like they use on the high end coach lines might be another un-documented option.

Have found the exterior entertainment with TV to be fun and actually have used it, did not think I would but I do.

Finally if you watch DVDs plan on adding a Blu-Ray DVD player the dash entertainment system only feeds 480i Composite Video to the HDTV, looks terrible on a huge TV compared to a HDMI output DVD player. There is a HDMI cable pre-wire from the TV to the entertainment equipment location.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

The studio lift bed is very expensive, around 2,500 or so. Are you sure you'll use It? I probably wouldn't get the gas oven, either, because I haven't had one that was very accurate. Agreed on the other comment about the DVD player. A good bluray player is needed.

Whatever you do, enjoy it!
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I would agree with powercat about finding a rig already build, you will save money.

Totally agree with getting a Blu-ray.

The studio bed has been worth it for us. When the wife wasn't feeling well, she got the bed and I got the studio lift. Fairly comfortable and super easy to straighten up. Much easier than doing the dinette thing and the bed/couch thing in our 31ke is worthless....unless you are from the land of OZ. We have replaced it with two power recliners.

I would get the twin air conditioners/heat pumps. We have one. It doesn't keep up in hot weather (90 degrees and above without shade).

Wish we would have gotten the table with four chairs.

Use the camera system all the time while traveling.

We are enjoying our Vista, all the best with your's!

Chance
Chance31ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have the 2017 30T and love it. Mine came with the full body paint and mask, oven, loft bed. Didn't have the outdoor tv but I never used it on the other rv so don't miss it now. I didn't want the loft bed that came with it, but I put the bedspread, etc up there out of the way as well as the crappy folding door that goes into the bedroom that kept coming unstrapped when you bumped it. The sofa it came with has the air mattress set never use it and would prefer recliners but like the option to have someone who might go with me to have a place to sleep! I like the color option on the full paint rather than the ones with the decals. As for the microwave/convection oven I it is too small but works okay. I did put a camping chef oven size stone in the oven which the dealer recommend for even cooking in the oven. It fits perfectly. I do wish my rig had come with the all weather package but it didn't. I use a dyson heat cool fan rather than the built in furnace and it works fine for me. One thing I hate is the power gear leveling system. Much prefer the HWH one that was in the 27N. I have a small sony blu ray player that I got at Costco which I just have to plug in the hdmi cable when the tv is up.It sits next to the tv in the corner along with the ps4. I did move the traveler satellite dish from the old rig to the new but have found when they want you to unplug the receiver to reset, it is a real challenge to pull out of the ent system over the doorway so that will be next season's project I did swap out the small tv in bedroom for a bit larger one and added another blu ray player for it. I really like the table and chairs set up over a dinette. Also I really hate the small shower in the 30T, really poor design on their part. I did replace the two cheap factory fans with fantastic fans with remote control. Love it. Also got one to add to the bedroom next spring. Missed the bedroom one in my vista lx 27N.
kwajkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:52 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I agree with everyone else. What you are looking to order should be findable on a lot. Remember, the dealer wants to move what is on the lot. We bought a 2015 36Y off the lot but did not want the oven(prefer extra drawer storage) nor did we want the washer/dryer. After settling on a price we asked them to remove the oven and the washer dryer, replace with cabinets. Dealer agreed with no charge. Took 2 months to get it all done but we weren't in a hurry.

Bunk bed came with the MH. Love it. We don't use it as a bunk bed but when in long term camping bring it down 2' and use it for extra storage.

You also need at least a 2000w inverter. Ours came with the residential refrigerator and we love it.

Only real complaint is the house batteries are not on a slide and very difficult to service. Also, Winnebago doesn't put in very good batteries. This year we bought 4 AGM batteries from Sams Club just to make our life a lot easier. We also put in a better battery monitor and shunt(Magnum-ME-ARC and ME-BMK).

Future plans are to add another solar panel and change out the junk Highpoint micro/convec to a better brand.

Considering we saved $40K+ from MSRP, we can handle the enhancements we made.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:45 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Definitely consider moving up to at least a 2000 Pure Sine Wave inverter; 1000W just won't work for even the smallest coffee maker, much less a microvave. If you plan on boondocking without shore power or using a generator, you may even wish to move up to GoPower 480W (3 panels) with a 3000W PSW inverter and multi-stage charger that will charge both the house batteries (you will need/want 4 6v and with some slight modification, you may be able to locate below the stepwell) and the chassis battery... fabulous system IMHO. We have a gel coat exterior that has been waxed yearly and it shines today as if it were new. I'd trade the paint for a great solar system, 5-Star tuneer, Sumo Springs and a track bar (F53) all day long...and probably save a couple of $$ as a result.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:28 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

A1kaching,
We found a 2017 Vista LX 35F on a dealer’s lot with all the options you mentioned, and, in our opinion, got a super deal. It has the oven, which we use all the time (and my wife prefers over the microwave). I can’t speak to experience with this unit, since we haven’t picked it up yet, but echo others’ comments that you should be able to find “your” rig somewhere on a lot just waiting for you! Best of luck in your search.
Run4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:55 PM   #10
Itasca owner

New Vista

My wife must have a real oven along with the convection/micro. She says it just bakes better, plus the size is bigger for cakes, etc. We've looked at a few other ones lately, to replace the cooktop with a complete range/oven is over $600 plus my labor. Better to have it up front. My next MH will have full body paint, I'm tired of decals deteriorating after a few years, but that also depends on whether you can store it out of the sun.
jerrybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:04 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I just bought a 2018 exactly what you listed without the loft and I LOVE it! I’ve had it out on two short trips and every feature has worked beautifully. Best of luck!
Hylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:00 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Recently purchased a 2018 Sunstar LX 30T from local dealers lot. We checked into ordering one with the exterior, interior, and acc. of our choice. We found it was “MUCH” cheaper to purchase one from a dealers lot than to order one from factory with the same features.

We love our 30T, but if l had a do-over, l wouldn’t be so frugal (CHEAP) and get the full body paint.

Wonderdog1
Wonderdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:46 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

You can always get the full body paint in a few years.

We bought ours off the lot and all that was offerend on the lot was the full body paint, Different dealers................

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:21 AM   #14
JBP
Winnie-Wise

a1kaching did you get the 30T and do you like it?
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:03 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
a1kaching did you get the 30T and do you like it?
Yes, it works perfectly for our wants and needs. There are just the two of us and have really never used the bunk except for storage. We love being able to sit in real chairs while eating and lower storage area is also way more than we ever use.
We have had some maintenance issues though, which probably should be expected with any recreational vehicle. Here is a list of some we have had to deal with.
1. Refrigerator door fell off do to poor hinges. (l believe they have corrected this on newer models)
2. Chassis heater hose had a kink in it, not allowing heater to work. (Not furnace related)
3. Chassis air conditioning compressor O rings replaced.
4. Entry way door latch got out of amusement. (Got locked out)
5. Just recently stated hearing a knocking noise when putting drivers side front slide in/out. (Have got that figured out yet)

Even though we have had some issues, we really like the 30t. One thing l was concerned about was the amount of power the V-10 motor, but am very pleased. The large capacities of the fuel and fresh water are also a plus.

I hope this has helped answer your question.
Be Safe
Wonderdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago