Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

do you have a date for it yet? It's still a little surreal....mentally I make note of where people are, what meeting is taking place, where the carpool is on the freeway, etc! It's also been nice having time totally to myself, as DH is out of town helping a friend on a house...then when he returns we have a week to get ready for our first long trip in the MH, AND we may be adopting a dog this week! All good stuff, but not sure what "normal" retirement will actually look like.
It's all a new chapter for us!
Good luck to you
parsoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Congrats!!! For us it's another 4 years, 7 months and 7 days...but who's counting. Gonna set up home base in FL then start snowbirding in the MH.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

LOVE the Cake and Congrats on the Retirement! (2 years 3 Months 21 days 23 hours and a few min for us... but who is counting )

We are planning on doing it just like one of the other posters - we are driving to the retirement luncheon in the Rig and waving buh-BYE when we leave!
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

just make sure they don't give you the leftover food and dirty dishes and balloons!
Yes, driving away into the next sunset would be glorious
Old 09-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Now Retired!

Congrats! Love the RV cake.

I was just thinking about my own retirement party.... I can't believe it... It was 14 months ago, or looking at it another way, about 36K miles ago for the RV (actually 30K on the old one, 6K on the new one)...

Reminds me, I am thinking about taking a contract job at my company during the winter months. At least this would allow me to have more cash for some fun things during the next 36K miles... Working when you want to, versus trying to make a living is a great way to augment retirement as well.

Enjoy retirement!

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:50 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsoc View Post
This is the cake my co-workers had for my party:
hope it makes it into the post, it was awesome!
As a pastry chef that makes cakes like this I can tell you it was done wonderfully. Great air brushing for the details and nice fondant work.

Congrats on retirement and happy trails.

Your cake and baking is the main reason why I wanted an oven in my rig so I can continue to create cakes of all kinds like yours.

Again congrats.
Shaz
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:51 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

I want to park by YOU!
Thanks for the comment, I passed it on to the bakery....a compliment from someone "in the business" means a lot.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsoc View Post
I want to park by YOU!
Thanks for the comment, I passed it on to the bakery....a compliment from someone "in the business" means a lot.
Your welcome to park near us so the slight breeze drifts the smell of fresh baked bread, cakes and pies sooth the soul. Any baker is thrilled to get feed back on their work. That is what at least I live for that my creations are loved by eye and flavor.

Happy trails
Shaz
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations on your retirement!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote