Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2006, 03:42 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Wow - life is good! We are 29 miles inside Denali NP at the Tek campground with no hookups, no cell but by golly we have Internet thanks to the dish! The trees up here don't grow very tall and there are no mountains to the south of us

I did look at the thermister and where it was clipped on the fins a few days ago - that should be okay.

I just hope we don't run out of propane since the reefer flame is running now 7x24; at least it is fairly small. We have I guess about half a tank so we should be in good shape for several more days at least.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:06 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

John, with half a tank of propane, and you're only running the fridge and hot water heater (sparingly), you should be good for about two weeks before needing LP...
-Saw your datastorm location map; if things get dicey and you begin running out of propane for the fridge, maybe you could relocate up the path to "Igloo Mountain" where it might be a bit cooler to preserve food? Are there any glaciers nearby where you could get block ice? LOL !
Old 07-20-2006, 06:47 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Well.. there are bear-proof food lockers here in the park No glaciers handy though! In fact most of the mountains here in the interior only have a smattering of snow here 'n there. The highs today in Denali are supposed to get up to 75 It is really weird this morning - not a cloud in the sky!

Yeah - I think we'll be fine for a few more days on the propane. There is a place not too far south of the park that carries it (for a small fee!) - we can always leave early and fill up and then stay at a commercial campground.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:50 AM   #24
Administrator Emeritus

John, my fridge is only running about 46 degrees and I've tried propane too.... We have an appoinment at the dealer to get some "list" items looked at on Wednesday after we get home from Pigeon Forge...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

just goes to show ya, It's always something.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:36 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bobpie:
just goes to show ya, It's always something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ain't it the truth! I love this stuff until it breaks

Bob - sounds like breakage by association with my thread

Old 08-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

Hi all:

My neighbor, a 2004 Itasca owner, is having a serious problem with his Norcold fridge. He has had it in the shop several times. The circuit board was replaced to no avail. He parked it in front of his home last weekend (almost completely level) and it ran for about 8 - 10 hours on AC, then quit. Same problem trying to run it on LP. He has had this problem since the RV was purchased new. Got it back from the shop yesterday, where they said there is nothing wrong with it. Actually, there is nothing wrong, unless he wants to keep something cold.... Can anyone here offer any ideas??

John Henson, Lewisberry, PA
John Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:45 PM   #28
Administrator Emeritus

John, I was made aware that Norcold has issued a recall on certain models of refriegerators.
One of my buddies has an '06 Newmar Mountain Aire and he learned from NORCOLD about this "soft recall"....Norcold will send your dealer a kit to fix the issue...they just need to call Norcold.

They WON'T send you the kit....has to be a dealer.

Must be something with these refrigerators...my BRAND NEW Essex is at the dealer awaiting a new cooling unit from Dometic.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #29
Winnebago Master

John - ask your neighbor to look for his service manual here and try to do his own diagnosis. His Norcold might have the diagnostics available from the control panel that mine does and it will tell you a surprising amount of information.

It also sounds like he needs to find another Norcold dealer. Look on Norcold's website for the list.