Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

OK, This is great! I just got back from my 05 Journey (storage lot) and have been trying to ID the same source of noise you guys have been discussing. I saw exactly what Rebelsbeach posted in his picture and I also thought the white nib should have a line on it but could not find anything not connected? After reading all this I suspect that is supposed to be that way? At any rate I found that by turning on the vent fan inside, the pump would stop running?

I am guessing that I have something cracked or detached in the dashboard? I say this because the pump stops running when the fan is on. I also noted that using my finger to plug the white nipple on the pump results in it stopping quickly after being plugged.

So, two questions;

is the nipple supposed to be bare? (mine looks exactly like the picture posted)

Is it reasonable to think the line is disconnected behind the dash because of the relationship between running the fan and the pump stopping?

Finally, while I appreciate any and all help, please do not let my wife know I have any knowledge of vacuums or how they operate!

Thanks!

BugSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:32 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Russ,

Look under the hood in front of the passenger's seat area. There is a green piece of small tubing that attaches to a fitting with a small piece of black rubber tubing.

See my entry a couple back and it describes it pretty well.

Try that first. I spent a week behind, under preobing with the dash back removed to find the leak right in the open.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:17 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

CHIPPYSGT, Thanks for the info. When I figured out that everyone was out for the holiday, I realized I was on my own so I went back and looked carefully at all the information, especially your note. As a result I had one of those rare moments when I gathered all my tools and set aside a hot sticky day to fix this! I opened the hood and started looking for the green hose (lucky it has no teeth) cause it was right in front of me, just had to look up! I pulled the hose from the relay (is that a relay?) and it came off so easily that I knew I had the problem! Had a roll of Duck tape and now I know one more thing Duck tape will fix! Did the entire repair in under five min. and got to spend the rest of the day just fooling around.

Thanks to all for the information posted. I sure dould not find a vacuum schematic on the Winne web site but was amazed at what I found here!

Have a good one!

BugSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

BugSlayer,

Windshield washer tubing is the right size to replace the duct tape.

Glad it helped you out. My next step was a stick of dynamite!

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote