Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Smile Newbies from Central California

Good Day to you all, My GF are looking at buying our first RV. We are in our mid 30's. We have looked at Trailers, Class C MH and Class A MH. We have decided on a class A MH (Not enough leg room in the class c mh). We are thinking about the Winnebago Vista 31KE. We want to do weekend trips and a 2-3 week long trip every year as well. Is that going to be a good rv for our needs, We are also planning to keep it and take trips once we start a family as well. Any information or advice would be great. We are looking to buy after the 1st of the year.

Thank you

Mike & Connie
kitertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

:welcome:

Mike and Connie, Glad you're aboard. Best of luck in your search and decision on the right rig for you. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi Mike and Connie

Glad to have us here with us.

The Vista will give you lots of good miles. Just make sure to have all the maintenance done. Check that your tires are not over 6 yrs old. Make checklists, keep a diary of your adventures and have fun.

Happy Trails!!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

dhowdy
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Good luck with a solution.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Welcome!!!! There are definitely a lot of different choices based on what you do and want from a coach. We're over in the bay area but always happy to share our experiences as well (and so will a ton of other people)

Steve
Old 09-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Hi Mike & Connie! Welcome to the forum! We're sure glad you joined us!

Hope you find the right rig for your needs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Welcome and glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the warm welcome, we can't wait to buy one. I think we may set up a blog or a youtube channel of our trips. lol. We are open to ideas. Its funny, we haven't got one yet, but we have already started planning where we want to go and what to go see.
kitertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Welcome. A Class C on a Chevy chassis has lots of leg room in front. Not like the Fords. I have had both. I just love this old Chevy. Had a FW Jamboree 2011 31m before this one. Had a 2007 30' Winnie Class A before that. Lots of choices. Take your time.
ProPride P3 1400#Bars.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitertwin View Post
Good Day to you all, My GF are looking at buying our first RV. We are in our mid 30's. We have looked at Trailers, Class C MH and Class A MH. We have decided on a class A MH (Not enough leg room in the class c mh). We are thinking about the Winnebago Vista 31KE. We want to do weekend trips and a 2-3 week long trip every year as well. Is that going to be a good rv for our needs, We are also planning to keep it and take trips once we start a family as well. Any information or advice would be great. We are looking to buy after the 1st of the year.

Thank you

Mike & Connie
Hey there, we live in the central valley too. Our family is also looking at a Winnebago, and looking to buy in the new year. I looked at your floor plan and would caution you to really think "ahead" for what you may need in the future with kiddos. I know for us our first rv was a 5th wheel with rear living and the couch converted into a bed. At that point we only had one child and thought the setup was great. Well.... it was tough for my hubby, who's an early riser, to get up and make coffee and relax with the tv, while our son was sleeping right there. You'll need floor room for a portable crib etc. and some decent storage for things kids need on the road. Just a heads up cause changing your mind later gets pricey, believe me Maybe the bunk over will be enough for you all? Good luck in your search.
fischerbug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, newbie, newbies