Old 05-15-2019, 11:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

new winnebago with this many issues

Got a new winnebago intent ,picked up jan 7th,I have had so many issues ,this is getting ridiculous.What has been repaird so far,leak dripping down on front dash,passenger seat didnt swivel,decal on side replaced.Exsisting issues now dash ac not working,roof ac not working,front grille has come loose,motor cover (dog box) comes flying of while running 65 mph yesterday,scared the crap out of me.Both tanks leaked out before first camping trip that they said was full when i picked it up in jan.Tell me the grille is held on by a 2 part epoxy and if i fix it would void the warranty,cant get my coach in shop til june 24th,told them i guess the whole grille can fall of and tear up more stuff before it gets in shop.Is this normal for something brand new,2018 with 1900 miles,im getting really frustrated.
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Maybe tell someone besides whoever you're dealing with?

Like Winnebago Industries Service Administration at (800) 537-1885 or [email protected] - include/have access to your VIN and Winnebago Serial Number when you contact them.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We looked at the new Winnebago models and didn't like the look of them (Vita and Intent). And we've looked at other manufacturers and their models are not any better. At this point, we're sticking with our current rig and unless things improve won't be getting another one. I think that we're going to opt-out when that time comes. It's a sad state of affairs...
ddaudelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Buy a notebook and keep a running record of your experience, writing down names and titles of each person you interact with dealers and winnebago service administration. Don't be shy about asking to speak to management at Winnebago Service Administration. At some point you may want to ask Winnebago to take back the RV and give you a different new one. That may get their attention to find a dealer who will take in your RV immediately and resolve the remaining issues. If it's the dealer who sold you the RV that is not giving you prompt warranty service and Winnebago can't resolve it you may have a case you can win in Small Claims Court or you may have rights under Florida Consumer Protection law.

A lot of people take their RVs to Factory Service in Forest City IA to get their major warranty issues resolved but that's a long way for you to go, even if you were able to get Winnebago to agree to pay all your costs for the round trip.

Hope it works out for you. Good luck.

Good luck.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

In the world of RV's it seems to be less issues than many and less than some. Welcome to the club
Old 05-16-2019, 02:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

should have read more than some ....

Tags
winnebago