Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

New Winnebago Floorplan!!

We visited a Winnebago dealer today and talked to the owner. I asked him about any new floorplans coming down the pipeline. He revealed that Winnebago is releasing for 2017 the Journey 40J which will replace the 40R. He printed the new floorplan for us and it basically flips the front kitchen and back sofa around so the kitchen is closest to the half bath and the sofa is up front right behind the drivers seat. The new floorplan makes more sense to me but others who own and or like the 40R may be disappointed to hear it will be discontinued.

He also revealed Winnebago is going to eliminate the "Tour" model name, will move the "Journey" up to the "Tour" level and is going to create a new model name that will fall in between the "Forsa" and "Journey" with it's own floorplans and features. So Winnebago will have diesel models in ascending order named Forsa, "new model", Journey, and at the top the Grand Tour. He also said the new model will be built on the Maxum Chassis. And that the new model and line up will be shown at the Louisville show.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Our unit is the 40U floor plan and personally, of any Journey floor plans it's the best for us. Both the DW and I agree that the bath and a 1/2 floor plan is a waste if space. We LOVE the split bath set-up so that she can be doing her hair/make-up etc. on 1 side and I can use the toilet/ shave etc on the other side and not lose the living space to the 1/2 bath. Also we both dislike the front kitchen concept in any coach. Who wants ever one traipsing thru the kitchen to get to the living room when they come to visit?
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Yep, I agree the front kitchen doesn't make sense to us either. For one big reason, the front kitchen separates the driver and passenger chairs from the rest of the living room furniture which means if you have enough company and need the seats you have 2 people who are separated from the rest of your company and are not part of the "group". Plus like you said if people are coming and going and someone is trying to make something in the kitchen they are having to work around the visitors, and my wife really dislikes sharing her kitchen space with others.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hi guys,

I also like the living area in front of the coach, it just seems like the most natural place for it. However, it seems the only way you can get a dinette on the patio side is by having the front kitchen. And many times its a bunkhouse model at that!

I'd love to have a coach where the couch, TV & fireplace are up front but there are very few you kind find that way. Especially if you want a bath and half model.

Some say they don't like the bath an half and to each their own for sure. We have two and a half baths in our home and I'd never consider buying a coach with just one bath! The Forza 38W has two full baths and Coachman Sports Coach just came out with a two full bath as well and that's for me.

It's the beauty of buying a coach, you can have selections. Not like a few years ago when you got a couch on each side with a TV down by the bathroom and a TV hanging over the driver and passenger seats. Yikes!!!

Just my thoughts and I know some may differ...
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

The 40J is on the website for the Journey. The 40R is still shown for the "sister" Meridian.

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	40j.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	143007  
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:26 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
The 40J is on the website for the Journey. The 40R is still shown for the "sister" Meridian.

Lori-
Now imagine a full wall slide on the drivers side of the 40J from the bed to the sofa with the half bath eliminated. Use the area vacated by the half bath to add about 3 feet of counter space and cabinets to the kitchen, and scoot the bed forward about a foot to make the full bath in back bigger with a bigger shower. Then attach the angled TV in the living area to a full height cabinet door with a closet behind it that we can hang coats and sweaters in, with some shelving below too. Now you have a floorplan that really gets my attention!
Old 10-29-2016, 06:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks EasyRider but I'll stay with the half bath! Even discounting having family and friends with us on occasion, the half bath is a nice convenience to have.

Also your idea of just a bath in back only means you have to crawl across the bed to use it with slides in. Maybe in our 50's but not now!
Old 10-29-2016, 07:07 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Right you are! That's why I like these discussions, I didn't think about bathroom access with the slides in. Now I've got to move the bath up forward between the bedroom and kitchen! The Phaeton 40AH floorplan has what looks like a very roomy mid bath. Now I just need to get the angled TV/coat closet up front and I'm happy again!
Old 10-29-2016, 07:45 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Easyrider, if you're happy, I'm happy!
Old 10-30-2016, 06:41 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

WyoFree; That's exactly WHY we love our 40U floor plan, convenience of a bath n 1/2 with the split bath, and not having to crawl over a bed to get to a rear bath.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:59 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via MSN to Saber77
We love the 40R floor plan in our Journey. We bought it, our 5th motor home, specifically for the front kitchen. We believe this split kitchen has the most counter workspace of any floorplan. The DW loves this kitchen and it's what sold her. Furthermore, it's extremely handy when BBQing outside and passing food in and out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Saber77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:24 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

We have a Forza 34T and I really like a lot of things about it. But if I ever look at changing it I will think about getting a kitchen in the front.

The refrigerator is just outside of our bedroom and I can hear the compressor turning off and on all night. If we are camping someplace cool we just shut the fridge off as its a residential fridge and it holds it's temperature well.
RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:25 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Well, we really like the forward galley on our 2008 Itaska Ellipse 40TD. Entertainment area, TV, firepace, in the middle is great, as is the free standing folding dining table. TV viewing angles also very nice. The forward kitchen is great for outdoor activities, tailgating, and hauling groceries. Very good counter space. And, I like the separate space forward with the front seats , sometimes with the seats swiveled, and away from the group to hang out with a friend, cup of coffee, a drink, or get some space away from the main area. I just don't get this problem some have with the fridge behind the driver at all. We just returned from a 4000 mile trip, still very happy with the floor plan.
Gary737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago