Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Need parts for basement air, '04 Itasca Horizon, 36GD.

Hey gang,
Well, I'm proud to say that, our '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the CAT C-7 330HP is just a hair over 15 years old and the basement A/C is still working great! A while ago, as in say, 6+ years ago, I pulled that basement A/C out and did some minor upgrades. Basically, I replaced that really dumb bronze fan bushing with a sealed bearing. It made the operation of that unit considerably quieter.
But, that was then, this is now. I've got some noises coming from it that I think are maybe from the other fan in there. Kind-a like some muffled clanking around while it's running. I'm thinking that one or maybe the other fan, is loose on a shaft. But, what I'm looking for, is a newer and more improved fan that some of you have installed.

Bill, or otherwise known as "Duner", was instrumental in helping provide a great write up on how to remove that basement A/C and, take it apart to do the maintenance. I think, he's installed that newer fan but, my memories not all that good anymore, not that it ever was Anyway, if Bill sees this and or, anyone else that's done any sort of upgrading on the fans etc. in these basement A/C's, I'd sure like some reference numbers or sites so I can order up the parts. Thanks a heap folks.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Here's a snip of Duner's write up.

New plastic Outdoor Blower is about 1” shorter than the old metal one but the fins are larger. I applied 2-part epoxy (gray glob near hub) over the 2” crack in the center of wheel. The steel insert in the middle of the hub is just pressed on and was loose creating the rattling sound. The failure of the center hub is probably the cause of the re-design to plastic. My theory of the chain of events is the weak press fit at the center loosens, causing wheel wobble, causing the crack in the wheel support, causing the brass bearing
to wear out, causing the motor bearings to wear out. The high ambient heat triggered the chain of events in my case. A second theory is the brass bearing wore out first, causing an imbalance, causing a crack, causing a loose hub, causing greater imbalance, causing the motor bearing to wear out.

27. The new motor p/n 1468a3029 is $171 purchased on 6/13/08 from RV Products. Sales & service 316-832-4357 in Wichita, KS and ask for Keith in Service (he was very knowledgeable). It was $18 shipping UPS Ground to Ohio and arrived 3 days later.

28. The new Outdoor Blower Wheel Package is p/n 1472-1161. Cost is $47.
29. This is the bearing I bought from Graingers. The carrier is somewhat different from the Triangle brand so I just swapped out the metal brackets and used the internal bearing part only. I bought two so I could replace the Indoor Blower bearing at the same time. It was not worn out but it did have 4.5 yrs of service.
30. If I have to go into the unit again, I will replace the two brass bearings with this sealed ball bearing version and it’s only $4 more.
Coleman RVP/Tru Air/Carrier Parts Source Option
32. One of our members has found a money and time saver website to buy parts.
http://www.hvacplus.com
Once you know the required part number, contact this link or use their customer service folks to find it and quote their price. Some parts may have up to a 33% discount. You'll need to give the Customer Service Rep the manufacture name of the major component (ie. Carrier/Coleman), then the Model Number..followed by the company's part number. Many times the part number is on the scan lable pasted to the component or listed on the Operators Parts Manual that comes with the unit.
The Customer Service Rep who has given me great service is Liliana Mera: 800-431-3137 EXT 114. Liliana really knows HVAC parts and clearly has worked this parts supply service company for some time.
ALTERNATE SOURCE FOR COMPRESSOR
From another member of the forum.......
After much searching I found a replacement compressor for the 15,000 btu 120 volt R-22 basement heat pump units.
It's number is RKC5515EXA, made by Tecumseh. I had to call tecumseh's help line to get this number, it's a direct replacement for Rk225AT-26-a4 or a
RK5515S. This is on a 1996 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with 2 basement ac
units that are no longer available and the only option seems to be cutting holes in the roof and mounting roof top units, abandoning the ducted system. finding the compressor is like a miracle if it fixes it.
PapaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I very much appreciate your answer Sir. I did post/ask this in a couple of different forums and, have received some great info and answers, including Duners (Bill) write up. That's exactly what I needed. I'm presently working on an awning problem and, as soon as that is cleared up, the next in line project is the basement A/C. Thanks again.
Scott
Old 09-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #4
2002 Journey WPK36GD

Let us know here what your resolution path is and if successful. Best wishes.
CharlesMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Papa Red WOW Hats off to ya for a thorough edumacation on the basement hvac service, most appreciated your inputs reading it wow lots of insights THANKS
Old 09-18-2019, 07:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Where can I find a complete copy of Duner's write up on this subject?
Hoffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:19 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffie View Post
Where can I find a complete copy of Duner's write up on this subject?
Here you go!

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...zBiZTYxYzU5ZWQ
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Hey Gang,
Again, I want to thank all of you for sending me info, especially on Duner's write up. I've been battling an awning issue where it would not retract but, it would extend just fine. Well, after some relay and resettable fuse replacements on the printed circuit board for the Dometic WeatherPro A&E awing control box, it now retracts just fine. Kind-a funny, all my awnings are Carefree. But, the control box for both the door awning and the main awning is labeled Dometic, A&E, WeatherPro control. Imagine that.

Anyway, that problem is now taken care of and, it's time to dive into the basement A/C. Cover me, I'm going in!
Scott

Tags
itasca, parts