Old 06-30-2005, 02:57 AM   #15
Winnebago Watcher
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by troth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why not the poison norty? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because the little critter gets sick, crawls away to some unknown hideaway in your coach, and dies. Not long after that you've got a stench that you won't be able to find. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of Course What was I thinking

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:06 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner
Re dead mice...
This is not usually a problem - most mouse baits make the rodent thirsty and he (hopefully) goes somewhere else to look for water. Or you may end up with a very dessicated mouse somewhere, which is not usually a smell problem. But if the little guy dies on a heat coil or some place like that, it can get unplesant!

The "sticky strips", which capture animals alive are an alternative. The are available at Lowes, Home Depot, and hardware stores. We caught a small rat in the motorhome that way last year. The glue on these strips is incredibly sticky and even one paw on it will trap the pest. Be sure to where leather or heavy canvas gloves to get rid of the srip and rodent.
Gary Brinck
Former owner of 2004 American Tradition
Home is in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:53 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper
Godfather....why not "make him an offer he can't refuse". Teeheehehehe.

Sorry.....couldn't resist!

You could try laying out those sticky glue traps. You won't have to clean up any mouse guts with these.
WinnieBunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:25 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner
Want a cat? Have a surplus and will be glad to supply one or more. Guaranteed to catch and kill mice and snakes.
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:09 PM   #19
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jerry7up:
I hear they come in the furnace exhaust.There is a screen cover you can get for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I'v seen them before, little domes of screen. Jusst where do you get them from?
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:23 AM   #20
Winnebago Watcher
Location: Pasadena, MD, USA (between Baltimore and Annapolis)
My wife won't kill a spider let alone a mouse! She uses a "Mice Cube" when we have the little critters around; captures them, and then takes them out into the woods for release. Here are a couple of links if you are so inclined to remove the critters with out sending them to Mouse Heaven!

Jack Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:48 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher
Jack w. , checked out your web site,,thanks for sharing, wife and I are newbs here..I think I like this stuff..
Also, mice cube is a real human way of handling that problem.
Ted O.
98 Pace Arrow Vision, 36.6'

2000 Ford Lightning
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Godfather:
Took our new Suncruiser down to Laguna Seca Rec Area for the weekend and on the way home spotted a mouse under the passenger side of the carpeted floor. It escaped up behind the dash. Any suggestions on (1) how it got into the coach and (2) how to trap it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just had the same problem in my coach. The dam little thing was leaving his dropping everywhere. We could even hear the bugger while we were sleep in the evenings...

Solution: took on of my RATZAPPERS from the garage and placed it in the coach (anywhere). He escaped once, but the second time around, he was fried!!! He was actually a pretty dam big mouse... don't believe it was a rat, but the biggest mouse I've caught to date. He was leaving fairly large droppings. Even both of my pekes (dogs) know something was up, but they are a little useless for catching mice!!!

I like the RATZAPPERS over the conventional traps because there's no mess to deal w/. Once the mouse or other creature enters the chamber he gets a good electrical yolt... then you simply pickup the unit and tilt it over the trash can and voila...
wildgrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote