Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2007, 11:54 AM   #41
Winnie-Wise

A recent poll showed that 94% of those interviewed thought that Corporate America could not be trusted and were pessimistic of things improving. Misleading is not honest but it is legal.

That's what I think this thread is about. Some of us are more trusting than others. That's what makes this site so insightful.
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Possibly you were offended by my post. It was not my intent to offend you but my warped way of implying that I thought you were chasing a stick that had already floated over the water fall.
I offer my apology for my unintended offence.

This Forum needs as many participants as possible and I hope you will continue to be a reader and poster and that you will get on to enjoying your Winnie Product.
Post and keep us informed as your memories build.

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:40 AM   #43
Winnebago Camper

Hi Wayne
I have read all the entries posted on this thread with great keen interest. Drawn by the fact that I too have been seriously considering buying a Destination, but here in the UK. Like you, I too would be spitting feathers if I had spent money and found something was not there that I considered to have a ranking in personal importance.
I have spocken to a dealer here in the UK about the 'Keyless Sysem' no it isnt on this model, he informed me, when I challeged him against the broucher which Winnebago sent me, he explained that it is a system not yet included, but most probably will be in the future (subject to unit popularity) and that they would have infomed me of this fact should I have gone to buy one off them.
I am in complete agreement with you that 'Standard Eqpt' should mean just that and not what is on the Production Sheet. If that is to be the case, then, they should use The Production Sheet to promote their New 2008 Models!
Laws in the US are different to those in the UK and I feel that over here, I would probably get more return from persuing this issue. But your colleagues and fellow Winnie Owners have said it is not the case. Right or wrong, collectively they should know. My ownly suggestion would be to put in writting to Winnebago, your reasons for choosing their New 2008 Model and the issue/s you have with the unit, especially the detail of the 'Standard Eqpt' You never know, they may offer you some form of compensation.
All the very best and happy travelling... Icey in Blighty
Ice-Man is offline   Reply With Quote