Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-01-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner
 
Steve Ownby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cosby, Tn
Posts: 124
Look who just upped the ante

Check this out !!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Winnebago Industries" <[email protected]>
Date: Mar 1, 2017 3:45 PM
Subject: Carefree Diesel Days are Here!



Great news for anyone considering a new Class A diesel!
At Winnebago, innovation isn't limited to our cutting-edge products. We also lead in after-sale service support.

So while some manufacturers are turning “older” coaches away from their service facilities, Winnebago will be there for you, today, tomorrow and for years to come.

And right now, we're extending our industry-leading warranty on our diesel pusher lineup up to an incredible 3 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first!
If you're trading in a Winnebago or any other brand motorhome for a new Winnebago diesel pusher, we'll back you with our 3-year, 100,000-mile warranty.

No trade-in? No problem! We'll back your new Winnebago diesel pusher with the same 3-year, 100,000-mile warranty.

Simply visit your nearby Winnebago dealer, make your best deal, then leave your worries behind -- warranty repairs for three years or 100,000 miles are on us!

Don't wait!
Carefree Diesel Days runs from March 1, 2017 to August 31, 2017, so don't wait: Pick out the Winnebago diesel pusher of your dreams and enjoy worry-free RVing with a 3-year/100,000-mile warranty!
__________________
Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2
So to summarize, Winnebago lies about what is actually going on at Tiffin, then offers an extended warranty which in essence Tiffin has done for many of their owners since forever, and continues to do so.

Whole lotta nothing here.
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner
 
palehorse89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Check this out !!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Winnebago Industries" <[email protected]>
Date: Mar 1, 2017 3:45 PM
Subject: Carefree Diesel Days are Here!



Great news for anyone considering a new Class A diesel!
At Winnebago, innovation isn't limited to our cutting-edge products. We also lead in after-sale service support.

So while some manufacturers are turning “older” coaches away from their service facilities, Winnebago will be there for you, today, tomorrow and for years to come.

And right now, we're extending our industry-leading warranty on our diesel pusher lineup up to an incredible 3 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first!
If you're trading in a Winnebago or any other brand motorhome for a new Winnebago diesel pusher, we'll back you with our 3-year, 100,000-mile warranty.

No trade-in? No problem! We'll back your new Winnebago diesel pusher with the same 3-year, 100,000-mile warranty.

Simply visit your nearby Winnebago dealer, make your best deal, then leave your worries behind -- warranty repairs for three years or 100,000 miles are on us!

Don't wait!
Carefree Diesel Days runs from March 1, 2017 to August 31, 2017, so don't wait: Pick out the Winnebago diesel pusher of your dreams and enjoy worry-free RVing with a 3-year/100,000-mile warranty!
So, one has to buy in this time frame to get the 3 year warranty??
Other wise , just a 1 year warranty?

DWRichard: Where in Steve's post did it say anything about Tiffin?
__________________
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher
 
lowejug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: st george
Posts: 3
Sweet. Sighs me up for the grand tour model.... NOT....
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
LOL- they have more work to do than just a warranty to be competitive.
WAscubaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Master
 
Jim_HiTek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Full time RV'er
Posts: 704
I've seen this kind of marketing scheme happen many times over the years when there's lots of consumer buzz about poor quality of a product. The manufacturer comes out with an extended warranty to help mask the issues. Hopefully, in the background, the manufacturer is working to resolve the quality issues.
__________________
'02 Winnebago Journey DL, DSDP, 36' of fun.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 5
Hmmm. I bought my Winnebago new, thinking there was something special about the warranty coverage. Camping world and Winnebago authorized service centers all over! Rainbows and daisies! Then I needed them. Bad. First trip a water leak behind shower head buckled the floor. No luck getting in to ANY service center. Too busy, did not buy from them (for goodness sakes we were on a trip!), expect a callback (not!). I fixed the problem with a $2.00 part from Lowe's. Other surprises happened. Bottom line is the warranty is a nice sales instrument, but seems pretty much useless from a practical standpoint as soon as your wheels leave the lot. Love my coach! I am very good at fixing things. If I weren't "mechanical", I would be crazy now.
__________________
In the fields of observation, chance favors only the well caffeinated mind.
Jpcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:10 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
So, one has to buy in this time frame to get the 3 year warranty??
Other wise , just a 1 year warranty?

DWRichard: Where in Steve's post did it say anything about Tiffin?
That's been the talk of the MH industry the past few months. Not quite accurate (which is the Winnie lie part) as Tiffin will only take their older-than-4-years coaches in an Express bay beginning next month, but they are clearly targeting Tiffin with this announcement.
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:22 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner
 
Gormleys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CO
Posts: 107
I think part of this might also be related to the diesel manufacturing move from Iowa to Oregon. New people, new location, new opportunity. Yes, obviously a sales gimmick, too!
__________________
Colorado '15 Winnebago Forza 34T w/MKZ hybrid toad
Gormleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:27 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher
 
Marcosdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Posts: 1
Our '04 Newmar had a 3 year warranty. They've dropped that, and that's one of the reasons I shopped Entegra when ready to upgrade.
__________________
Stew and Diane (and Marco)
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45X
Formerly: 2015 Entegra Cornerstone 45B, 2013 Entegra Aspire DEQ IFS, 2004 DSDP; all sold
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:16 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner
 
Jupiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 181
It's not the first time Winnebago offered the 3-year warranty for a new diesel. They also offered the same deal for any diesel purchased at the 2015 Hershey RV Show.

I'm somewhat surprised at the cynical comments about this offer. For whatever the reason (good marketing I should think), adding two additional years of coverage can only be a good thing

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:20 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 21
Warrantys are good and the longer the better is best. As long as you don't have to use them.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:25 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
Warrantys are good and the longer the better is best. As long as you don't have to use them.
Hey, have you been going through my Winnebago repair-claims records, you know, the ones that are all stamped 'Paid by Customer'? -RT
__________________
Ricardo Tegarini
2005 Itasca Sunova
Workhorse Chassis W20
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:32 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 14
Warranties are 1000% good until the purchase price ends up in the dealer's hands. Then, good luck!
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'09 Winnebago Destination - First Look! Explore America Winnebago Class A Motorhomes 8 07-10-2008 08:03 AM
2001 Workhorse, what to look for?? smlranger General Maintenance and Repair 10 01-24-2005 04:50 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.