Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I thought the little black file folder bag that Winnebago provided for us with all of the owners info was great. Makes it easy to look for specific things and to carry into the house for easy reading. And it fits nicely into an overhead cabinet for quick reference while traveling.

I also really like the owners supplement guide. It is written in an easy to read format. As if someone was answering your direct questions.

Does anyone else have any little extra touches that have impressed them ?? </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I thought the little black file folder bag that Winnebago provided for us with all of the owners info was great. Makes it easy to look for specific things and to carry into the house for easy reading. And it fits nicely into an overhead cabinet for quick reference while traveling.

I also really like the owners supplement guide. It is written in an easy to read format. As if someone was answering your direct questions.

Does anyone else have any little extra touches that have impressed them ?? </span>

Old 02-06-2007, 09:10 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Having owned 4 other campers before buying the Winnebago I'll say hands down the owners packet they gave was the best - bar none. I didn't feel like I was just given a bunch of supplements that may or may not apply to my coach. I was very impressed.

Little things like labels on the light switches, plastic over the floor before we took delivery, Coach.net and WIT, were all pluses. Couple things I really hadn't investigated that I love are the coach heat feature to heat the inside and the hot water tank (huge deal now that I know about it), prewired for brake controller, rubber stops if you have the outside storage door open when you open the front door, etc.

Lots of little touches I didn't notice while shopping.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">little black file folder bag </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree it is great, but "little" bag?? Mine is the size of a very stuffed expandable briefcase, and heavy too!! I agree it is great for reference. I pull it out for something frequently. And the spiral bound Owner's Manual is nice for quick references that aren't too technical.

One year of roadside assistance through CoachNet was a nice touch too. Strange that my dealer ALSO gave me a free year, and my chassis mfg (Spartan) gave me two years. Of course they all ran concurrent ...too bad I couldn't string one year behind the other for a total of four!

Being able to get the wiring and plumbing diagrams from the Winnebago website is great, especially since the wiring is all coded so all you have to do is look up a number to know what a specific wire is for. That has helped me several times in chasing down electrical issues.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I agree it is great, but "little" bag?? Mine is the size of a very stuffed expandable briefcase, and heavy too!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">You should see my purse, lol !! </span>

Old 02-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Must of the manuals can be download and put on a CD. Cut out all the languages you do not need. Be sure to download your complete build part list from Winniebago and Workhorse.

2005 Itasca 38R Suncruiser
Frank (Wires) & Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:40 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I liked the WIT groups and the tours. Lots of information from other owners and fun places to go and see.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I thought the metal rod that fits into the two molded areas in the shower wall ends to hang wet stuff on is a neat touch.

We use it when we need to hang our rain coats or wet towels and the like.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:00 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

My "little touch" did not come from Winnebago but from the Winnebago DEALER. Using florist clay, the dealer placed small vases containing artificial flowers in the bathroom and on the dining table. A ceramic coffee carafe, creamer, and sugar bowl also were on the table. And in the bedroom, a small jewelry box was afixed to the bedside table. I use this latter item daily when traveling to hold my watch and rings. It saves searching for them in the morning. I like the things others have mentioned in the coach per se, but these little touches are very nice.
Annie K. and Sparky the long-haired chihuahua
03 Journey DL 36LD
04 Saturn L300W
Blue Ox and Brake Buddy
Doggievet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Must of the manuals can be download and put on a CD. Cut out all the languages you do not need. Be sure to download your complete build part list from Winniebago and Workhorse.

How is this done? Please list the steps necessary to do this.
Veckert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

One of things I liked and not sure if all Winnebago dealers do this or not, but my dealer took nearly 2 hours to go through every single switch, button, system, compartment, feature...you name it inside and out. Now I'll admit, it can be a bit overwhelming with so much on these coaches these days and I probably only retained about 75% of what he went through...but the process was extrememly helpful. Not to mention we didn't get to this training portion of things until just about the time the dealership was closing so most if it was conducted after hours for the dealer. We had to sign a form that he said Winnebago requires him to send in to them stating that he completed this "pre-delivery training" with us. I purchased a Gulfstream from a different dealer several months prior to that and they basically took our check, handed us the keys and said happy camping.....approximately 6 months later I was trading it off for my Journey.
Ron-in-Tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:42 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">One of things I liked and not sure if all Winnebago dealers do this or not, but my dealer took nearly 2 hours to go through every single switch, button, system, compartment, feature...you name it inside and out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Our dealer did that too. I think it's called a PDI. We spent 3 hours doing ours and I took lots of notes. They also said if I had any questions to make sure I call. Also gave us the service managers cell phone number and said if we get into trouble while camping we can call him and he will try to walk us through it.</span>

Old 02-08-2007, 07:38 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Veckert:

How is this done? Please list the steps necessary to do this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can download a lot information from Winnebago's website RIGHT HERE.

-----
boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote