Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Lichtsinn Motors

I did a search but there hasn't been much said about them for the past little while, so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has bought from them in the past year or so, What there experience with them was.

Thanks Trap
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I bought some parts from them within the past month - same EXCELLENT level of service I experienced on other ordes over the past few years. Have your Winnebago/Itasca coach number serial number (not chassis VIN) available when you call to aid them in parts lookup.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Ditto. Every experience I've had with them has been positive. Friendly, prompt, no problem.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I just bought a replacement radio antenna for the radio in the outside entertainment center. It shipped the same day I ordered it.
As usual no problems.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I have placed 3 orders in the past year, all handled promptly and professionally.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Another satisfied customer - ordered several parts yesterday - to be shipped today.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Have order from them 3 times in the last 3 months their parts service is professional, prompt and accurate,have dealt with David
Old 03-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

They actually ask you the customer how to improve their website which is not often done. I've been satisfied completely with their service having just placed another order today.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Great service, great price, very friendly people.

Placed an order last month and received the part in two days. I had questions about the part and they answered my questions and even gave some advice.

Will definately order from them again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:56 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Professional, knowledgeable, courteous, fast shipping and they actually act like they want your business!

My local Winnebago (no)service dealer could learn alot from them.

David
2000 Winnebago 35U, Ford Triton V10, F53 Chassis (39,000 miles). Toad: 2000 Honda Odyssey (384,000 Miles), Home Made Trac Bar, Firestone Ride Rites, 5 Star Performance Tune, Cheap Handling Fix, Magnum Auto-Start Generator kit, King Quest VQ4100 (Direct TV)
David Kanoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Isn't it great to see every single post about Lichtsinn be a positive post! I will add my kuddos. We were in the Yukon Territory when our windshield wiper motor went out. I searched all over their capital city of Whitehorse for someone that had a replacement motor or who could rebuild our motor. No luck. Finally, I called Lichtsinn and they had one in stock. Yea! I had them ship it to Tok Alaska because shipping to Canada involves a huge delay in Customs. We waited a day or so for the rain to pass by and headed to Tok. The wiper motor was waiting for us at the campground when we got there, I installed it in about 10 minutes and have been fine since. Lichtsinn came through for me again! They are my first point of contact for parts and so far have always had the part and have shipped it quickly. They have never sent a wrong part either.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:31 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Lonnie & David head up the RV Parts Dept. They are knowledgeable, professional, efficient, prompt, & friendly. Need I say more.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kanoy View Post
Professional, knowledgeable, courteous, fast shipping and they actually act like they want your business!
Wholeheartedly agree. I've dealt w/them for years. They are a model for Winny dealerships.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the replies so far, I was kind of referring to buying new, but I would think they would do just as well at that end to. I have had a little contact with them so far regarding purchasing, but we're still 10 months away from ordering.

Since we're Canadian it will be easier to order setup to come into Canada than try to deal with all the compliance issues when we cross the border.

Will be interesting to see what developes, cause the dealers up here in Alberta like to inflate there MSRPS and don;t like to give proper discounts.

Trap
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

These guys are great. The last time I ordered both RV parts guys were busy with customers and the auto parts guy took my call. He was great, taking great care that he got me what I needed.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger
Ditto. Every experience I've had with them has been positive. Friendly, prompt, no problem.
I have had nothing but excellent service from them getting parts and helping me research parts. Always courteous and prompt on delivery.
maclonchas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Since you were actually asking about buying an RV from Lichtsinn, here is my short story. I called them when I was ready to buy a new Suncruiser and the owner gave me a quote which was a really good price. He was not willing to take my non-Winnebago trade. I worried about getting service in Portland Oregon after buying in Forest City. My final decision was that I should buy locally because of the service issue and it would be easier with the trade. Boy was I stupid! The service at the selling dealer in Portland was terrible and I have made two trips to the factory to get work done. I ended up selling the trade-in to a wholesaler anyway. So my advice is to buy from Lichtsinn. I know I will when I am ready for a new RV.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Hi,

Well I guess I will give you my $.02 and here goes. They are a super dealer and I purchased my 04 Adventurer from them. The pricing was right, they set up a loan in a few days and took my RV in trade. After the sale they wanted me to stay there and do the swap over, however I was already signed in at Winnebago so I stayed there. THey did the POI correctly and replaced what had to be repaired and I was very happy with them.

The real beauty part of buying from Lichtsinn is that coach doesn't have any mileage that a speed jockedy put on it. When I bought mine it had 35 miles on it and I put 10 of those on it. So I broke it in the way I wanted to and didn't drive it 80 mph down route 35.

As far as warranty issues every Winnebago dealer has to honor warranty issues and they signed a contract stating that. The only problem is when they will take you in because they state their customers come first. I found a great dealer in Hendersonville, NC who took me in with no problems which was a smart move because he realized after the warranty I would bring it back again which I did.

Lastly I have bought a number of parts from them and asked them technical questions and they were always pleasant and helpful and their prices are OK.

Lichtsinn is top quality in my book
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-NC View Post
Hi,

As far as warranty issues every Winnebago dealer has to honor warranty issues and they signed a contract stating that. The only problem is when they will take you in because they state their customers come first. I found a great dealer in Hendersonville, NC who took me in with no problems which was a smart move because he realized after the warranty I would bring it back again which I did.
Not so here in Virginia. Bought my 1994 Adventurer from Reines RV and had a great experience with them over the years. Sold it in 2000 and then in 2007 bought a 2003 Itasca from an Arizona dealer. Took it to Reines and they refused to work on it (even to change oil). Said they only performed work on RVs from "preferred customers." When I queried them as to what a preferred customer was they stated "one who bought their coach from us." Reminded them that I had bought from them previously and they said didn't count as the current coach wasn't purchased there. With the downturn in sales I've been told they had relaxed their policy. Don't much care as I won't give them another penny of my money either to pay for service or to buy a new motorhome.

Bob

2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G Workhorse W22 8.1L, 2005 Grand Cherokee Toad
Bob/Becky D - VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

I'm from Alberta as well and bought my 2010 Ellipse from Lichtsinn. It was a savings of over 20k for me including costs to get the mh back to Alberta.

Border is very easy to import a new mh so don't let that deter you.
Five2o is offline   Reply With Quote