Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leveling blocks for my class a

I have a 1994 Winnebago RQ29 Brave and need to get some leveling blocks I would appreciate your info and input on what I should buy and why.
Thanks
Whitlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:01 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Howdy,

I'm sure there will be many good suggestions, options.

I carry a set of these for the rears

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Levelin.../dp/B00T36J7ZQ

And a set of these for the front.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Levelin...eveling+blocks

So far they have held up well. I only need to use them if the coach is too far out of level to keep the tires on the ground.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompwil View Post
Howdy,

I'm sure there will be many good suggestions, options.

I carry a set of these for the rears

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Levelin.../dp/B00T36J7ZQ

And a set of these for the front.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Levelin...eveling+blocks

So far they have held up well. I only need to use them if the coach is too far out of level to keep the tires on the ground.
So how many times have you used these? I have seen may different types thats why I'm ask for all your help. I do like the fct that the ones for the rear are wide enough for dual wheels. How high will these lift? I hope more will post!
Whitlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:46 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I made my own. 2 x12 x 12 pressure treated wood with plastic cutting board material screwed to each side. I made them about 6 or 7 years ago and they are still going strong.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:48 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlow View Post
So how many times have you used these? I have seen may different types thats why I'm ask for all your help. I do like the fct that the ones for the rear are wide enough for dual wheels. How high will these lift? I hope more will post!
We've had the MH since September of last year. With just a little over 5 months of it on the road, so far I've used them probably 5 or 6 times. That first time I needed them and didn't have them was all it took. I can get about 5 or 6" from one set which has been enough. The singles can stack side-by-side onto the doubles too if you need more height on the rears. I still carry my Anderson Levelers from the 5th wheel too and have used them on the front wheels. I like these because they are lightweight and easily stored.

Also note, I'm not leveling the coach with these, I run onto them before performing an auto-level when it's too far out of level to accomplish, and to keep the wheels on the ground afterward. I would have likely needed more if I wanted to level the coach with them exclusively. Although I am considering getting another set of single wides for just in case.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:15 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

When we are home and parked in our slightly sloping driveway we use 2x12's. On the road we use the Lynx Levelers or whatever brand plastic ones if we need them. We have seldom used those in the 6 years we've owned this RV since it has automatic jacks. The plastic "lego" type are a better choice for a gasser since we have to be more mindful of weight and storage than DPs. Also, we have a set of these jack pads that are very well made... https://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Utility-...LH_TitleDesc=0
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:55 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We have traveled by RV for over 40 yrs. While the new plastic material that they make the blocks out of now is nice I have found that If I carry a few assorted pieces of wood I can adapt to different situations. This works especially well if you use campgrounds that are very old or forest service type camp grounds In the newer camp grounds and those that bill themselves as Resorts you will almost always find that you don't need any blocks or you will need very little to level. Even though we have Jacks we find that this assortment of wood comes in handy once in awhile.
An added bonus is that if you forget and drive off without them you haven't lost much.
BillB100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, leveling