Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2008, 05:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Well, I am happy to say, and regret to say, at the same time, that we are jumping ship. We finalized a deal yesterday to order a Newmar Kountry Star 3943, and we put our Winnie up for sale. A couple months ago the wife decided that, you know, we really should have got a bunk bed model for the kids, and so with no time being better than the present, here we are. We will miss our Winnie though, she has truly been a great coach. And I can only pray that my experience with Newmar and Newmar customer service will be half as great as it has been with Winnebago, for me they have been outstanding at every turn. And this Winnebago specific forum has been invaluable as well. Of course, I won't be far, just a couple rooms over in the Newmar owners room. And I'm sure I'll still lurk this one from time to time. Thanks all for your help on issues and for the entertaining reading. See ya on the road in our Kountry Star!!
Alan
Old 02-24-2008, 05:24 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Well, I am happy to say, and regret to say, at the same time, that we are jumping ship. We finalized a deal yesterday to order a Newmar Kountry Star 3943, and we put our Winnie up for sale. A couple months ago the wife decided that, you know, we really should have got a bunk bed model for the kids, and so with no time being better than the present, here we are. We will miss our Winnie though, she has truly been a great coach. And I can only pray that my experience with Newmar and Newmar customer service will be half as great as it has been with Winnebago, for me they have been outstanding at every turn. And this Winnebago specific forum has been invaluable as well. Of course, I won't be far, just a couple rooms over in the Newmar owners room. And I'm sure I'll still lurk this one from time to time. Thanks all for your help on issues and for the entertaining reading. See ya on the road in our Kountry Star!!
Alan
Old 02-24-2008, 06:04 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Good luck with the new coach!
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Alan, congratulations on your new coach! If Winnie made a bunk bed DP I am sure you would have considered it.

You are still allowed to drop into the Winnie forum to visit and say 'HI' once in a while, ya know.

And the best part of this is.....you get to go thru the 'New Coach Debugging Process' once again... and so soon, too!!

Best wishes on your new coach. I'm sure you'll love it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Yeah, truth is I tried to drag that information out of Winnie. But as always, they will not say anything about their new models until they are released. If they had a bunk DP, it would have been a much more difficult decision to jump ship. Winnebago, in my opinion, and their products, are top notch. However, having gone with the Kountry Star, I believe there are things I would not have gotten on the Winnie even if they came out with a bunk model, assuming the bunk model would likely be in the Destination/Journey range if one came out. On the Kountry Star I get IFS, which I couldn't get until the Vectra in Winnie, and side radiator, that I couldn't get in Winnie at all anymore.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

afrank1971;

Congratulations on your new coach. We will miss your posts. When you sell your Journey, advise the new owner about IRV2 & the Winnebago Forum and maybe we will gain a new member.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Alan, congrats! I love the Winnebago product and its support but what I have heard about Newmar you should be pleased. We love our bunk bed model of the Itasca for our kids.

2005 Honda Element
bjbkkb is offline   Reply With Quote