Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2005, 06:35 AM   #1
Administrator Emeritus

I've been to Joey Bed's website and have searched rv.net for storage ideas,but I was wondering since this is a "Winnebago owners" forum,what success other Winnie owners have had with adding pull out storage.

I haven't done the parts search to duplicate exactly what Winnebago uses on their slide-out storage trays,I'll do that.

Just looking for any thoughts or ideas from other Winnie owners....Pics would be REALLY good too!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:35 AM   #2
Administrator Emeritus

I've been to Joey Bed's website and have searched rv.net for storage ideas,but I was wondering since this is a "Winnebago owners" forum,what success other Winnie owners have had with adding pull out storage.

I haven't done the parts search to duplicate exactly what Winnebago uses on their slide-out storage trays,I'll do that.

Just looking for any thoughts or ideas from other Winnie owners....Pics would be REALLY good too!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:53 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Rebelsbeach,
I installed Joey Beds in two of three bins in our previous coach (03 Journey DL). We purchased them directly from Joey Bed at Quartzite in 04. The 26 inch kit worked perfectly. You will have to have your own plywood cut to fit the width you desire. The depth will be dependent on how far back into the bin you wish to mount the runners.
The Joey Bed products are excellent quality and work very well. The installation is not that difficult, although the instructions are somewhat ambiguous. Unfortunately, I do not have pics to share with you. We traded this coach in January for 05 40KD Vectra. The bed slides are not up to Joey Bed standards but are certainly adequate. With the 06 40KD, you will only have one bin that will "pass through". The others mounted in the slides as Winnie's STOR MOR feature. Those storage areas are relatively space constrained - depth and heigth wise. You might want to live with your coach for awhile before installing Joey Beds. Each bed will take approximately 6" of vertical space.
Congratulations on your new rig. We have certainly enjoyed ours (once the bugs were worked out). I also use SMI - good product...
Happy Trails,
GreyDog
05 Vectra 40KD
03 Saturn L200 Toad
One slightly aging Bordie Collie
One Perky Wife
Livin' on the road

03 L200 Saturn Toad
GreyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:37 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

GreeyDog,
Thanks for the reply,you would be surprised to know that apparently,in the interest of headroom,the 40KD has NO PASS THROUGH storage any longer,but does have a 7'2" ceiling...
I guess if I ever invite an NBA team over for dinner,I'll be set!!

I've received some thoughts from a fellow irv2'er and RV.NET'er who also owns an '05 Horizon that pretty much mirrors your "live with a while" advice....
Sounds like a plan.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

The loss of the pass through was not caused by the higher ceiling height.

The ceiling height was increase by increasing the exterior height of the coach.

The loss of the pass through was caused by the Store-Mor feature being added to the passenger side of the coach.

Strangely, the Store-Mor feature created a store-less situation.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:11 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

If you want a low-profile slide-out tray that has some really great extension capabilities you might want to look at the Innovative Industries website. They make the SlideMaster, which can be custom built to any specs. The next coach I buy, I'll skip the optional Tiffin trays and get these installed. Fortunately, they are in Antigo, WI - which is in the neighborhood and also close to my dealer. Look at the website pics - they make some pretty cool stuff and it's top quality.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
Strangely, the Store-Mor feature created a store-less situation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's FUNNY!!

Thanks to Cruzer for the link as well...