Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fplante View Post
I am interested to see that, can you give me the link?
this is part of my post.
make sure you have the allure stored at room temperature, or warmer, for 24 hrs before you install it. the floor will expand and contract some with temperature changes. the purpose of the baseboards and mouldings is to allow this to happen.
we use 8 plank strips on the floor when we retract the front slide to keep from marring the floor. we tried but didn't get all of the staples out of the floor under the front slide.
level the floor with filler well and sand high spots. after a while, every imperfection in the base floor will show through in the allure.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/insta...ing-60447.html
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
this is part of my post.
make sure you have the allure stored at room temperature, or warmer, for 24 hrs before you install it. the floor will expand and contract some with temperature changes. the purpose of the baseboards and mouldings is to allow this to happen.
we use 8 plank strips on the floor when we retract the front slide to keep from marring the floor. we tried but didn't get all of the staples out of the floor under the front slide.
level the floor with filler well and sand high spots. after a while, every imperfection in the base floor will show through in the allure.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/insta...ing-60447.html
Very Nice!!!
I will ask Home Depot if this is OK for cold temperature.
fplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Is this the original floor or has something else been laid over it?

Ken
Old 02-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post

Ken
which floor?
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_h View Post
Good grief! Thanks for posting the pix.

No, that's not what is happening to ours. We have the vinyl tiles that are pulling up. The tiles allow a bit of contraction and expansion but are pretty crappy overall.
The square tiles in our 2004 Meridian are not pulling up, one or two are creeping toward the one next to it and forcing the edge of one to raise up over the next one. Mostly this is happening to ones under the edge of the shower stall and kitchen cabinet making it very difficult if not impossible to shift them all back into the correct position (without removing or lifting the shower stall and kitchen cabinet). Haven't figured out how to approach this problem.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post

Ken
It was the original floor. It was perfect when I was in Texas.
fplante is offline   Reply With Quote