Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-24-2017, 08:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Itasca Sunova 33C

I am an RV newbie. But jumping in as a fulltimer. Thinking about purchasing a 2016 Itasca Sunova 33C. Can any one provide some experienced insight on this unit....good or bad? Thank you.
djmess01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago offers a lot of bang for the buck. Looks like a great choice to me.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I own a 2016 Sunova 35G and have owned it for 11 months and put 15,000 miles on it. We have had significant problems. Our dealer (Brambillas RV) has been good about it and Ford has been very good too. But it has been a hassle. I do think that all new motorhomes have their issues. If you are buying used and the original owner has taken care of the problems, you should be good.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2012 Sunova 33c and have been very happy with it. It was (after 2 years of looking)the only unit that both of us liked. We have lived in it full time since August 2014 and Have had minor issues. Replaced 1 heat pump, steps motor and toilet. As you can tell, any failed component was not Winneabago but after market manufacturer. Our only regret, I wish it were a diesel!
Good luck
Sunovatravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:24 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmess01 View Post
I am an RV newbie. But jumping in as a fulltimer. Thinking about purchasing a 2016 Itasca Sunova 33C. Can any one provide some experienced insight on this unit....good or bad? Thank you.
Ford went to the new six speed transmission in mid 2016. It is a great improvement over the previous 5 speed according to those who have it. The new six speed will have PND421 as the gear selections. Some early 2016 model year motorhomes will have the old five speed.

I am happy with ours as the layout is what we were looking for. The only repair/replacement since we bought ours new was a stripped gear on the front arm of the large driver's side slideout. Had that replaced at the factory under extended warranty. Other than that everything else I have done myself and were things that average skilled persons with average tools could do.

Replaced the water pump and the step motor, replaced the vinyl flooring with luxury vinyl planks. I have done a bunch of other things to it but they are mainly upgrades/addons.

If sway going in and out of driveways, etc. is bothersome then an additional heavy duty rear sway bar and a front heavy duty sway bar will take care of that.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We had a 2016 Winnebago Sightseer which should be the same unit. Our's was built on a 2015 chassis so it had the 5 speed transmission - I feel that the 6 speed which came on the 2016 chassis is the way to go. Shifts smoother, fewer revs when it downshifts. Be sure to see how much room you have when the slides are in - it was tight going down the aisle w/ them in for us.
Had the 4-door Norcold fridge w/ ice maker which we miss - lots of room in there. We had the stacked washer & dryer in lieu of the pantry and miss having the onboard laundry to use.
Had the king-size bed which gave wife & me (and the 2 dogs) lots of room to rest but made it tight on the rear wall getting in & out of bed.
Did the cheap handling fix to help w/ steering and also added the 5 Star tuning for more power and help w/ less down-shifting.
Glad to be back in another Aspect but all that room in the 33C (and great outside storage bays) is missed.
TexasProud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca