Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2019, 12:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Itasca 27N Porch Light

We just bought a 2016 Itasca Sunstar LX 27N, and at the risk if sounding very stupid, I cannot for the life of me find the switch for the outside porch light by the entry door. No information in the owner's manuals, either. Can someone give me a clue as to where this light switch is located? This is our 5th RV since 1990, so I'm not a total newbie, but this one has me baffled! Any help would be appreciated.
moabdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:33 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
should be right by the door. betcha the bulb is burned out or the *salesman’s switch* is on. are other 12-volt lights working?

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Rich,

You are absolutely correct that that is where it SHOULD be, but there is no switch there.

We visited with a Sunstar owner in the park here yesterday who had a longer model, not the 27N, and there was a labeled switch right by the door, but ours is a totally different floor plan.

All the other lights in the coach work, and every switch we can find lights something. There are no extra switches on the dash or anywhere that don't do what they are labeled to do. There are four switches by the steps, in the footwell, i.e., chassis battery disconnect, coach battery disconnect, stairs off, and awning. All work as labeled. There are three switches on the back of the kitchen cabinet, also facing the entry door which are not labeled, but all three work interior lights. Two are overhead kitchen light banks, and the third lights a small nightlight by the floor. Could this possibly be the switch that also lights the porch? It would make sense that this nightlight and porch light could be connected as an indicator that the porch light was on. I'll check the bulb in the porch light to see if it is burned out since it does not come on when the nightlight is on.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:15 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Yes, the small nightlight switch should also control the porch light. It does in our Sunstar.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks. I'll get a new bulb for it and give it a try.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOweather View Post
Yes, the small nightlight switch should also control the porch light. It does in our Sunstar.
yup. same in our suncruiser. nearly all of our wall switches were unlabeled when we took delivery. shortly thereafter i got to work with my label maker
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I have a 27N and there are three switches together on the door facing side of the sink cabinet. The one closest to the door is the outside patio light.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:36 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOweather View Post
Yeah, this.
affreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:34 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks to all. It turned out to be the switch that controls the floor night light, just as you described. I had checked the bulb in the porch light, and it looked good. The filament did not vibrate when I flicked it with my thumb, so it wasn't broken, but when I put a new bulb in the fixture, it worked like a charm. Now I don't have to drive it back to Phoenix and return the 'defective' MOHO to the dealer! Ha! Ha!

Tags
itasca, light