Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Is your Winnebago time consuming?

I hope so!

When I'm not in it, I'm thinking about being in it.

I Love it!

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:08 AM   #2

And I thought you were talking about repairs and maintenance and upgrades.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
And I thought you were talking about repairs and maintenance and upgrades.

Gives me a chance to hang out in it.
Jesse
Old 12-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If I was allowed to (DW still works) ours WOULD consume ALL my t5ime 24/7/365!!!!
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Yup, ALL consuming. Time, money, you name it! LOL
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
I hope so!

When I'm not in it, I'm thinking about being in it.

I Love it!

Jesse
Jesse, I think you are post happy. Emphasis is your choice . Are you certain you sold used tires? I wonder if you got hit by more than a few .

You have way too much time on your hands buddy.

Rick Y (What's next.)
Old 12-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Trying to catch up to you Rick.
Jesse
Old 12-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Is your Winnebago time consuming?
No - We like our Winnebago but we do have other interests and commitments. Don't get me wrong I spend as much time as needed to keep the RV mechanicals sound and the DW keeps the interior upkeep as needed. But we have not become consumed with it.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtall View Post
No - We like our Winnebago but we do have other interests and commitments. Don't get me wrong I spend as much time as needed to keep the RV mechanicals sound and the DW keeps the interior upkeep as needed. But we have not become consumed with it.
Tomtall,
I think the OP was being a bit facetious. I think he REALLY LIKES HIS COACH! Well, I'm kind-a like that too. I wax mine on an often basis. That includes waxing the roof too. I polish the wheels about every 2-3 months and, I've taken the time to set up all the compartments so I can utilize even the walls to hold things so there's not that much junk on the floors of them. Most guys just use boxes.

it's a pride and, preference thing. I like to have a clean, nice looking coach when we're out in it. It drives me nuts when It's freshly waxed, wheels polished to diamond glare, and, it starts raining before we finish our first days journey.

We recently purchased a brand new home in Lake Havasu City AZ with an "RV garage" attached to the home, just so I could keep it nice. And, I can do all it, INDOORS while it's a hundred degrees outside. Cool!
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Yes, Winnebago is time consuming. Have enjoyed many good miles and trips almost every month. Keep it waxed and maintained.

What I don't care for is the failing clear coat and paint, since year 3; so I chase the poor paint job by repainting sections at a time, roof trim, front and rear caps, drivers side etc. The body shop owner likes the product $$$$, fixes a lot of peeling Winnebago paint.

Other than that Freightliner has a heck of a strong dependable chassis and engine.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:32 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Tomtall,
I think the OP was being a bit facetious. I think he REALLY LIKES HIS COACH! Well, I'm kind-a like that too. I wax mine on an often basis. That includes waxing the roof too. I polish the wheels about every 2-3 months and, I've taken the time to set up all the compartments so I can utilize even the walls to hold things so there's not that much junk on the floors of them. Most guys just use boxes.

it's a pride and, preference thing. I like to have a clean, nice looking coach when we're out in it. It drives me nuts when It's freshly waxed, wheels polished to diamond glare, and, it starts raining before we finish our first days journey.

We recently purchased a brand new home in Lake Havasu City AZ with an "RV garage" attached to the home, just so I could keep it nice. And, I can do all it, INDOORS while it's a hundred degrees outside. Cool!
Scott

Scott
You are my hero!

I would love to have my coach at home!

Jesse
Old 12-11-2014, 05:09 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Even now with out MH covered, and covered in snow, we're making plans on taking out the mounted, slide out table, and putting in a 36" round double drop leaf free standing pedestal table. So even when not in use or usable it STILL consumes at least out brain time too!!!
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Until we downsized to our View, our MH did not consume too much of our time as it was too expensive to drive long distances. Our Class C got 6.5-7 mpg, and our DP was better at about 8. But the View has cured that little problem and now we're planning on more and longer trips. Maybe fast approaching retirement also has a bit to do with it! LOL
Old 12-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Scott
You are my hero!

I would love to have my coach at home!

Jesse
Jesse,
We love to travel and see and do things. But, when it's not on the road, it's really nice to have the big girl inside and protected from the elements.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Hey Jesse,

I saw where your coach calls home and most RV'rs would LOVE to have the nice roomy indoor storage that you have However, I agree that it would be really, really nice to have our storage space at home.

I'm in your camp, too. When we're not using it, we're looking forward the next opportunity to be in it. Wouldn't want to have it any other way.

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:08 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

Being full-time, home is where the wheels are parked. No shelter or large covered space to tinker under.

At the moment we are in Oregon. It's monsoon season here but the weather has little to do with what the folks we volunteer for need done. Well, that's not all true. I can't polly the gym doors with it being so cool and wet. Back to the coach. I have been wanting to take a couple of days to wash and wax the coach and car. Not going to happen in this weather! Yey, Jesse, I am a bit jealous.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:27 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Now being full time would be a wonderful way for it to consume my time ! You are my hero too!

And I love the cold weather!

Jesse
Old 12-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Now being full time would be a wonderful way for it to consume my time ! You are my hero too!

And I love the cold weather!

Jesse
Thanks Jesse. But my goal is to avoid "cold" weather. Was raised in northern NH and lived in MA till I retired. Had enough of COLD.

I have another upcoming project. Finding a way to stiffen the carpet under the dinning chairs at the slide drop. Any ideas?

Old 12-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Thanks Jesse. But my goal is to avoid "cold" weather. Was raised in northern NH and lived in MA till I retired. Had enough of COLD.

I have another upcoming project. Finding a way to stiffen the carpet under the dinning chairs at the slide drop. Any ideas?

Hey! That's my story!
NH was my birth place and lived in MA for nine years.
You must be walking on it with the slides closed and cracking the gray suport plastic like me. You can buy that stuff by the foot from Litchtsinn by the foot. You can replace a section or the complete piece.
Here is how i did it.
I replaced the complete section. With the slide in 6"s I lifted the carpet and cut the grey plastic front to back. Use a short razor knife as not to cut the carpet. Slide the new piece into its spot and pull the two sided tape cover off and stick it down.
And stop walking on it.
JesseClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1418659055.730413.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	443.1 KB
ID:	81173Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1418659067.337939.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	466.0 KB
ID:	81174Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1418659077.901248.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	385.2 KB
ID:	81175Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1418659094.590355.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	81176
Old 12-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #20
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Hey! That's my story!
NH was my birth place and lived in MA for nine years.
You must be walking on it with the slides closed and cracking the gray suport plastic like me. You can buy that stuff by the foot from Litchtsinn by the foot. You can replace a section or the complete piece.
Here is how i did it.
I replaced the complete section. With the slide in 6"s I lifted the carpet and cut the grey plastic front to back. Use a short razor knife as not to cut the carpet. Slide the new piece into its spot and pull the two sided tape cover off and stick it down.
And stop walking on it.
JesseAttachment 81173Attachment 81174Attachment 81175Attachment 81176
Check my profile a little closer. When you have a 90# dog that thinks he is a apron string puller you often don't have a choice. DW heads to the galley when we stop for lunch and Dawson follows. Now, I need to get to the head! Pure traffic jam and carpet is the victim .

I knew they had that stuff but I didn't want to wast my time or money. It will simply break again. I am thinking of a more permanent solution. Some coach manufactures extend the floor all the way so when closed the trough is covered with a hard surface. Where our isle is so narrow when traveling this would kill our ankles. But, if I could devise a drop down hard cover... I am working on it (in my mind at this point. No prototype yet.)

Jesse, when you did your fix did you remove the vinyl from the carpet or just cut away the flapper?

Tags
winnebago