Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2016, 01:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Is roadside assistance coverage needed during factory warranty period?

We have just ordered a new Minnie Winnie 25B. The dealer is telling us that the factory 1 year warranty covers roadside assistance and there is no need to get additional roadside coverage, Is this true or are there situations where we would be better off with separate roadside coverage?
Thanks
Vtwin996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I don't know if it's true today, but when we bought our 2005 Vectra new it came with Coach-Net coverage for 1 year. We've maintained the same coverage since then.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Could be yes. Could be no. Could be yes, but not good coverage.

Get the details from the dealer.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 04:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Read the small print. Some will only tow up to 100 miles and you pay the rest. Others whatever miles it takes to get you to a repair shop.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 04:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

CoachNet comes with your Ford chassis, valid for one year. If you decide to purchase CoachNet after one year it will also cover your cars.
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 06:30 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
CoachNet comes with your Ford chassis, valid for one year. If you decide to purchase CoachNet after one year it will also cover your cars.
We received Good Sam ERS for 1 year when we purchased ours from a Camping World dealership, BUT just learned at the WIT rally that free roadside assistance comes with the Ford chassis for 5 years, includes(from Ford website):
Available Services

Towing

We will tow your disabled vehicle to the nearest qualified Ford Dealership within 35 miles.
Battery jump start

We will jump start your vehicle if your battery loses its charge.
Flat tire change

We will mount your spare if you have a flat tire.
Fuel Delivery

We will bring you up to two gallons of gasoline or five gallons of diesel fuel if you run out.
Lock out assistance

We will unlock your vehicle if you are locked out (doesn't include the cost of making spare keys).
oldjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

As mentioned you most likely have coach net which is good. I am not a big fan of coverage where you will be reimbursed later. For me the peace of mind is having one number to call.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
Probably a dumb question but.... Since the CoachNet comes with the Ford chassis - supposing the problem that required roadside assistance was the result of a problem with the coach (Winnebago related - can't imagine what that might be offhand), would CoachNet still cover it?
Vtwin996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:34 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtwin996 View Post
Probably a dumb question but.... Since the CoachNet comes with the Ford chassis - supposing the problem that required roadside assistance was the result of a problem with the coach (Winnebago related - can't imagine what that might be offhand), would CoachNet still cover it?
Yes. CoachNet will connect you to one of their technicians who will assist you. If the problem requires a repair byond your ability they can provide a tow to a repair facility or they can find a repair technician in your area. Or you can find your own repairman.

My jacks failed and CoachNet sent a technician to troubleshoot. He couldn't find the problem so he said that he would call Power Gear in the morning. That night I discovered that it was a ribbon connector to the circuit board. After calls I found out that the circuit board was not available but Power Gear was desiging a new board. The new board would not be available until I was out of the area. I talked to the technician about pay and he said that he didn't charge if he didn't fix the problem. The board was mailed when available and my jacks worked fine.

JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:27 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Check with your insurance company also. Some policies include road side assistance at no or little extra cost.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:24 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

It's insurance, get it and hope you never need it. Don't have it and need roadside assistance and you will regret it. It most cases we don't ever use it. but that one time you do, you will be glad you had it.
I've call upon it twice in the last 10 years and I'm glad I had it. Yes it cost but what the heck.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:13 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Yes and no.
Yes, because if something catastrophic happens, you'll be covered.
No, because, as I found out, even on the first night you own the RV, and are covered by Coach-Net and Good Sam, and the electric controls on the bed don't work and you can't bring in the slide and it's Memorial Day weekend and you are told by the selling dealer that Coach-Net will not charge you, not only do you have to pay $92 for the labor, but you are below Good Sam's deductible. Maybe next time I will have them tow me (free) with the slide open, and I will not have to pay.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:20 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Note that the road side deal will fit YOUR spare if you have a flat. You don't have a spare!

Pete
Peter27C is offline   Reply With Quote