Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Ironing board plans

Hi Folks,
Recently my wife saw an ironing board that fastens to the kitchen cabinet by removing the slide-out cutting board and installing the ironing board in it's place. Does anyone know where to purchase this board or a set of plans to make one. Thanks for any help given.

Dave
Indian Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I guess that might be one use for the cutting board we never use... I hadn't thought to use it as an ironing board!! ...I use the cabinet top or table with ample towel padding on those rare occasions I get the iron out -- mostly for making "laminated" member badges for an RV group I am secretary/treasurer for. And the DW hasn't touched an iron in many, many years...

Sorry, I haven't seen the one you're talking about, or anything similar...
Old 11-15-2009, 05:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

AFChap,

I found another use for the "never used" cutting board. I routed it out to hold a silverware tray. I removed the hinges and attached the front to the cutting board and it now is the silverware drawer. Outside of getting the alignment right the hardest part was finding the latch that matched the other drawers. I used 2 screws in the back for stops so the drawer won't be pulled out too far.

Indian Creek,

A fellow RVer found a small ironing board and attached a board to it the fits the slot for the cutting board. It works pretty slick and can be stored under the seat of the dinette if you have one. The brace on the bottom of the seat holds the board pretty well.

Dave
Old 11-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Go to Walmart, buy the cheap travel ironing board, unbolt the little legs, cut a board to fit into the cutting board hole, bolt the travel board onto it. Works for me, then I keep my ironing board in the closet.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I am a cabinet builder and I can get these from one of my suppliers, Hafele....they run about $150 Check with a local cabinet shop and they might be able to order one.

BMGM37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #6

Here's one that is a little cheaper

Ironing Board in a Drawer - Rockler Woodworking Tools
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:21 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everybody, I think by what I've seen and heard, that it can be done. Now if I can just find the right place to store it. We can't spare a drawer, but the cutting board space will work fine. The board might fit under the sofa. Thanks again,

Dave
Indian Creek is offline   Reply With Quote