Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
Clay, Winnebago has been using external sensors for at least 10 years, probably longer. This link will take you to a service tip from 2003 concerning the sensors.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...%20Systems.pdf

Jack, I think gassers don't have tank rinse and diesels do. I do have one in my current coach, but it still doesn't do a good job of rinsing the black tank.
My gas Adventurer has the tank rinse
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

I stand corrected. I should have said I'd never seen a gasser with a tank rinser. Just shows to go ya.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I quit trying to clean those sensors. I just use a dip stick to check the level of the holding tank. You can usually just insert the stick in the bottom of the toilet to check the level. LOL

TeJay
TeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

My '01 Suncruiser has a tank rinser that is pretty much only decorative. When used, it makes no difference in readings. I shall continue reading forums and trying any cocamamie idea, just in case something actually works. Should that happen, I shall do the Irish Jig and let everyone know what I found. Till then, snafu's the word.
nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

I had incorrect readings with the Winn sensors when the coach was new. A couple of sensors had detached from the tank sides and were repaired under warranty but the problem recurred this year. I found the sensors are reasonably accessible - behind the plumbing panel for the black and one grey tank and accessible from the power compartment for the second grey tank. I found that when Winn repaired the sensors, they used a dab of "Goop" like adhesive that didn't hold. It is disappointing that their factory service is so unprofessional. I replaced that with 3M weatherproof double sided tape that is holding and my readings are now continuous. I suspect that detached sensors could be the cause of your problems as the exterior sensors really don't need cleaning.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinCampers View Post
If you have the new style sensors, those that do not penetrate the tank, it is probably a loose connection.
Last year when we had our current coach in for service at Forest City I talked to one of the service advisers about the reliability of the new style sensors. He said they were starting to see accuracy problems primarily beacuse people were getting a film on the inside of the tank.

The old style sensors would get dirty and read poorly. Now the newer ones suffer from a similar problem because the inside of the tank gets dirty
Old 04-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

It appears I have more than one sensor problem.....My fresh water tank (empty) is showing 1/3 full on the control panel. The grey water tank reads correctly at empty. The black water tank readings vary from 1/4 to 1/2 when the tank is empty, and all this while the MH is sitting level in our side driveway! I looked at the sensors on the black tank (all 5 of them!) and they all appear to be securely fastened. I took some measurements as to their placement and it appears to me some are placed at an incorrect measurement. Moving from left to right on the black tank (7" top to bottom measurement), the 3/4 sensor is ~5" from the bottom, the 1/2 sensor is ~4 1/2" from the bottom, the 1/4 sensor is ~3 1/4" from the bottom, the secondary 1/2 full sensor(yellow label) matches the 1/4 sensor measurement and finally the full tank sensor (red label) is ~6 1/4" from the bottom. I haven't verified that the fresh water sensor is secure or not, since it had been working correctly until recently. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.
2more2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

i read in OP's post that he caulked the inside of shower.....i started remodeling and building in 1980 and about late 90's we quit caulking the inside of all new shower doors as it just gave a place for water to sit stagnent and mold....if properly installed the door should only need caulk on the outside ....and those pesky litell connectectors that hold the track together on corner and neoangle showers shoul be smootherd in caulk before sliding the track in them then excess wiped...and on the shower base that the bottom goes up under the top panels should not be caulked either...just on the outside of the track on ends....but this is just my experiance with hundreds of bath remodels...jeff
Old 04-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

My 2012 Journey has the sensors on the outside as well. I had a problem with the sensors incorrectly reading. The factory took a look and repositioned the sensor at the bottom as it was attached about 6 " above the bottom and making the tank appear empty when it was not.