Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I LOVE being back in a Winnebago product...!

I have owned six motorhomes in my life...the first two were Itascas, a 77 Seafarer Class C and then a brand new 88 Windcruiser. I bought a Gulfstream in 2002, then a couple of Fleetwood Discoverys after that. I wasn't happy with any of the non-Winnie coaches, although they did have some nice features. I recently purchased a 2006 Itasca Meridian 36G and I am thrilled to be back in the Winnebago family. Sure, they have their problems, but overall, I find Winnebago to be the easiest to get parts for, the best built for the money, and the most innovative when it comes to what the public wants in a motorhome. I think this is probably my last coach, but who knows...?
Ramzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

stvscharfe,
Well Sir, we've owned (4) rigs to date. And, I can say without any doubt, that this motorhome, which we purchased just over a year ago, an '04 Itasca Horizon, full body paint, 36GD, 330 CAT and Allison 3000MH trans, is a phenomenally nice rig. Yep, Winne's, Itascas, etc. have their particular issues but, name one coach, that doesn't. Now, maybe the super top of the line Newells, Prevost's, and Country Coaches are not plagued with "windshield rusted frames" or undercarriage rusted frames etc. but, I'm sure that there's some sort of issues with them.

We love this coach, the way it looks, the way it drives, and the super nice interior etc. I think, if we were to purchase another one, it most likely would be another Itasca or Winne. But, that's a few light years away, we still have to get out and really use this one. We've been on one 3000 mile trip and a few others. I'm with you on this. It's a great coach.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Always nice to hear something GOOD about our rigs. I began with a '93 Itasca, then a '98 Pace, and now own an '07 Itasca. Many problems in 20 years, but what a ride! Overall, 'W' works for me just fine....
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We have only owned two MHs. An 04 Minnie and another 04 Vectra. Both with the big W on the side. The Minnie was new and for five years had only two problems. First the generator, repaired under warranty. Onan told us we need to run it more. Second the trans cooler but I think a rock may have got it. Neither one made by Winnebago of course.

The Vectra has had a new fridge. Norcold 1200 replaced with a Samsung residential but that is a story in itself. Replaced the seals and vacuum breaker in the toilet (Sealand) and now the Dimensions inverter is out for rebuild.

So after eight years our experience with Winnebago has been pretty painless. Knocking on wood Oh and it's pretty sharp looking.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Have had my share of issues, most recently the Windshield Rust Demon, but still prefer Winne over the others.

More than anything, its the wealth of documentation that Winnie makes available... blows away anything else I've seen or had!! Pretty specific owners manual instead of generic, plumbing/electrical schematics, individual build parts, paint/sealer callouts, etc.

Down the road I'll have to fix something else, but I know I'll be able to find the schematic, manual, part # etc to get it resolved.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations on your new motorhome. From the few months I spent looking, I can certainly say there are worse out there. Enjoy it.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

All 3 of my have been Winnie's. All gassers. But the quality and service is still outstanding !! Going to consider full timing next yr. Will be in a gasser. Sightseer 33 c. 2011. LOVE IT !!!!
Sightseer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

welcome back! we love ours. best one we've ever had. ok, its the only one we've ever had. picky, picky!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Lol
Sightseer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
Site Team

Great to that so many love their Winnebago's. I just purchased mine ( Itasca Sunstar Sport) last week and look forward to many years of enjoyment.!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

We're on our tenth motorhome, six Winnebago products. Our last five motorhomes in a row were Winnie products and each new purchase was always compared to several other brands and each time we ended back to a Winnie. Now we fulltime in our Itasca Horizon 40AD. Need I say more!
Ralph A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

It's nice to hear that so many Winnie-product owners are repeat customers. Even with the minor problems that Winnebago has, they are still a step ahead of most with their manuals, parts and archiving of past model specifications. One of the other MH's that I owned (Gulfstream)supplied an Owner's Manual that was so generic, it could have been used for ANY brand of motorhome or trailer.
Ramzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

We are on our first Winnebago and with out a doubt, a great start. I'm sure there are many great rigs out there but our Adventurer has everything we wanted in amenities. We are investigating moving into the Journey series but we need a few more road trips to decide if going DP is worth it for the near term. I just haven't seen a reason to jump out of the Winnebago/Itasca line in our current review of a potential DP.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago