Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

Keep the warranty in mind

Another thing to consider before sitting down at the table is the warranty. If the dealer is not making a decent profit off the RV, they will do their best to make it up on the warranty or the financing. Do your research on a warranty too and my advice would be to buy it separate. Making payments on the warranty for the entire finance term will cost you significantly. Let them give you a great price on the RV thinking they will get you on the warranty, then buy one yourself. If they tell you it has to be purchased at the time of sale, that is just not true.

[ moderator edit ]

1. Does the company offer used or new parts? Do I have to pay to ship those parts?
2. Is there trip interruption coverage? How much is the pay out for hotel/food/rental car/food spoilage/gas replacement/airfare to get home if needed?
3. Is the warranty transferable and can it be canceled.
4. Can I take my RV to any licensed shop?
5. What is the BBB rating for the dealership selling the warranty and for the provider?
6. Is this a service warranty or a mechanical breakdown insurance? Insurance and be cancelled if there are too many claims and most likely will not be transferable.
7. Does the policy cover seals & gaskets? If so does that include the seals & gaskets for the slide outs?

Good luck!
jenjen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, winnebago