Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #21
Site Team

I ended up cutting off two of the plastic tabs extending out from the connector....still connects in four places to the fitting, but now fits through the compartment with a little coaxing.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Al,
What about one of those clear straight extensions, or if the drop out to the hole is offset, they have a few of those in camping stores. When ready to hook up use the clear extension and connect the Rhino Flex to the extension on the underside of the hose. There are a myriad of possibilities with the different design clear extensions.

The clear extension will also give you visibility to see if the "brown" has gone down and the water is clear.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Al,
What about one of those clear straight extensions, or if the drop out to the hole is offset, they have a few of those in camping stores. When ready to hook up use the clear extension and connect the Rhino Flex to the extension on the underside of the hose. There are a myriad of possibilities with the different design clear extensions.

The clear extension will also give you visibility to see if the "brown" has gone down and the water is clear.
After hearing about all the options, I decided to modify the RhinoFlex to fit the hole. That allowed me to use just one sewer hose with no need for extra fittings...I thought this would be a little more sanitary. It also still allowed me to use the compartment as intended, rather than run the hose though an open door. This minimizes any chance of insects or rodents finding their way in. I've used it a few times since then and it's working great. My thanks to all for the great ideas!
Al
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:12 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well gang,
Apparently Itasca must have thought of this when designing the waste/water compartment. In case you're not aware of how they did it, there is a "trap" door with little red flip levers that hold the trap door shut while in transit. When it comes time to hook up my Rhino flex, I move the little levers and the trap door falls open. Now, that trap door, is not completely round, it's sort of 1/2 round and, it also has part of the compartment seal on it too.
Scott
I believe the door that Scott is referring to was the standard for a number of years -- our 2007 Vectra also has this type of opening for the water, sewer, and electrical connections.