Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2008, 12:02 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

When I call for service, I have a little one sided but pleasant discussion as to what I and they expect.

For example, they expect to be paid for their service. OTOH, I expect to be told the TRUTH.

My first question is "When can I bring it in and how long after that will it be looked at and an estimate given?" I then say, If the date of arrival and date of first estimate are more than 2 days apart, the discussion is over.

I always tell the service writer that I want the truth at all times and if a time given is a best guess, I want to know a likely range. I am willing to give them time for service but no time for BS!

So far, LaMesa RV, has failed badly. Earnhardt RV is a B+. and East Valley RV Service in Mesa is A+++. They will continue to get my business.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Higgins

Can you tell me more about the recall? I haven't heard anything about it.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:36 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Update.....it was off to Freightliner Monday to deal with a steering problem and they still have yet to work on the dash air which does not cool. I have had three conversations with them this week and as was expected it is all Freighliners fault now since they will not tell them an expected finish date. Next Wednesday ONE MONTH in the shop for a coach I bought on March 28th. They are also using my fuel to drive it all over creation to get my issues addressed. I am really getting pee'd off with this. I think my next step may be to call Winnebago customer service and have a file started. This is ridiculous on a brand new coach. If anybody has been in a situation like this and can help with ideas I would appreciate it. I also would like to thank all of those that have been helpful so far.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wthomas1:
Higgins

Can you tell me more about the recall? I haven't heard anything about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't tell you more than I know and I was shown a diagram of an updated guide channel for the kitchen side slide that Winnebago was recommending installing. My kitchen side made a terrible noise when going out.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think my next step may be to call Winnebago customer service and have a file started. This is ridiculous on a brand new coach. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why wait to do this? You are a VERY patient person IMHO. Steve
Old 05-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

I am patient, but when my patients wear out, I can get ugly, so I don't like to do that, it stresses me too much.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

I called my dealer, they contacted Winne and Winne said no recalls or bulletins? Guess I will wait and see.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:25 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wthomas1:
I called my dealer, they contacted Winne and Winne said no recalls or bulletins? Guess I will wait and see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be because you and I have a different chassis. I saw the document on mine and read it. It was a document from Winnebago with a diagram of a new part to replace on the slide. The dealer has already done that. Otherwise I don't know. At this point anything could be the case.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:40 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

At this point maybe a call and a trip to Forrest City would be in order. Some of these repair shops with extremely good people don't know how to do RV repairs period.

2005 Itasca 33V Workhorse Chassis
Old Odyssey Toad
Bayway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Update, well today it has been in a full month. It is at the Freightliner dealer now. They did a recall repair on the tie rods and still have to look at the dash air problem. I dropped by Freightliner today to check on it and they were they were rude and not helpful, told me three times and I quote "we have not gotten to it yet, that is all I can tell you"..I asked can you give me an estimate of when you can......"NO". I walked out. I called Winnebago and they were VERY, VERY, nice and assured me they would extend my warranty by whatever time the coach has been in the shop and promised to make some calls. I am so frustrated. 6 weeks of ownership and 4 weeks in the shop.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #31
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Higgins:
I am patient, but when my patients wear out, I can get ugly, so I don't like to do that, it stresses me too much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Time to get ugly? I'm like you in giving the benefit of doubt but I would have gone nuclear by now. Feel for you. It was stories like yours that caused me to hesitate to buy new but did anyway and got lucky. Hope it gets resolved soon. Steve
Old 05-14-2008, 05:31 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Higgins, I know how you feel. I have had all the warranty service done at my selling dealer and I have had to return numerous times for the same problem (part was wrong color, lost it in our warehouse, it came in broken, etc...) and we finally had a chat with the service manager and Winnebago and got some stuff fixed for good. Sometimes you have to be firm. I don't like to do that either, but when you pay almost a quarter of a million dollars for something it should work properly.

Retired Navy (ETCS/SW/AW)
Carnles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:27 AM   #33
Winnebago Master

HIGGINS: Man I feel your pain. Every Freightliner chassis owner that reads your post, should take a couple of minutes to fire off an E-mail to Freightliner protesting this kind of service. Any one of them may be the next case.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #34
Winnebago Watcher

I was really feeling lonely about getting my LeSharo proper attention. I can now see I had alot of company. One time after getting a two week run around, I called AAA and towed it across town to another shop. Only to sit for a week before satisfactory repair completed. A person has to love these "beasts of burden"!
That's when I threw in the towel an got out of the Renault and did the conversion.

Mike
89 LeSharo w/3.3 conversion
"It's all greek to me"
Mike & CeCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #35
Winnebago Camper

I ALWAYS wait in their waiting room for our coach. I haven't had to leave it yet and hope I never do. Staying on premises helps motivate them, if for no other reason than to get me away from other "potential" customers as I wander around their facility and "talk" to folks.
jojolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #36
Winnebago Camper

I really hate to belabor this issue, but today I called the dealer and the service advisor told me he had been in contact with Winnebago and they told him to "pull" my unit from the Frieghtliner dealer and do whatever it takes to get it back to me by next Wednesday, 5 weeks total. My service advisor told me that the Freighliner dealer could care less about RV business, since the vast majority of their business was fleet trucks. I do think Winne cares, but I want it back. I am sorry to keep complaining here, but it does give me some comfort to have "friends" here that know what I am experiencing. If it is not out Wednesday as promised, I am unfortunately going to have to take legal action, my last resort. And that is sad.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:34 AM   #37
Winnebago Master

Higgins,
I'm very interested in what the slide problem is. I also feel for you in not having your MH.

A week and a half ago I signed a purchase order for a Destination 39W. After installing a combo washer/drier for us they informed me the long slide was not working properly. It would not seal by the entry door when extended, and would not retract completely on the back end.

They are going to prep a different 39W starting Monday. Now, with your post, I'm concerned that this is going to be a recurring problem with the new one. Any information you have on the recall would be appreciated. Looking forward to your follow-up on what they do to fix yours.

Thanks.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:02 AM   #38
Winnebago Camper

We have a 39w LAtitude the 1st time we put the slide out it tore the floor. I thought it was something we did so I paid someone to fix the floor. Ran it out again and tore it worse. We hav appt on Aug 25th in forest city to have it replaced.

2008 Itasca Latitude 39w UFO 8.1
YngRvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:14 AM   #39
Winnebago Camper

What is the recall about on the large slide.I heard nothing of this. We have a 2008 39

2008 Itasca Latitude 39w UFO 8.1
YngRvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #40
Winnie-Wise

When Higgins made his original post I contacted my local dealer and asked if their was a recall notice on the long slide. They assured me that no such recall existed, at least for the Gas model. Higgens has the diesel on a Freightliner chassis, I don't know if that has any bearing on a recall.