Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennethM View Post
RickO, Good Man is right on with the sail switch is probably just stuck from sitting in the normaly open position for 4 years!!!! The circuit is as follows the thermostat calls for heat then the fan starts and the sail switch has about 30 seconds to close the normally open contact then on to high limit normally closed contact and back to circuit board okay to try and light gas. Flame sensor/spark probe will verify flame in furnace and all is good to go with this being a short version of the process. Common problems with the suburban funace is low voltage, dirty edge connector on circuit board, stuck sail switch and loose automotive push on connectors at above connections. All of this is easly accessed behind that sealed panel that is a "Bear" to get off if the 2 tubes from the intake/exhaust are not rusted too badly. I have helped a friend with his furnace and it lasted a couple of more years until the main circuit board failed then he had a mobile rv replace the board.
Thanks much Kenneth. As quickly as it's getting cold here I think I'll want to tear into and poke around myself afterall. This will really help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
There must have been changes made on the furnaces. The one place has no connection at all to the rear heater on the 08 Tour.
It works on the thermostat on the bedroom wall ONLY. Try turning your one place off, go to bedroom and turn the thermostat all the way up. You should feel the switch in the thermostat setting lever. It takes about 15 seconds to start blowing (cold air at first, then warm, then hot).
Mine will blast hot air in the bathroom as well. It never has to be run for more than 5 minutes, then I turn it all the way off. It will run if the main furnace is also working.
Let us know.

Kerry
Thanks Kerry, but I think you're right that our coaches are not the same. I have no thermostat on my bedroom wall and understand that I have two different Suburban gas furnaces. The rear furnace is controlled by a thermostat on the One Place... and it all works fine.

My front furnace is controlled by my Tru Air thermostat located in the kitchen which controls both my basement heat pump and my front Suburban gas furnace. The switch settings on the Tru Air allow for selection of either electric or gas heat.

It's the front furnace which isn't cooperating!

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

RickO: They are indeed different, way different....Good luck, I hope you get it resolved quickly.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote