Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

We decided to have the 2 suspension mods that 3t's offers for our coach. We pulled in today for a Monday AM appointment. We have a 30 amp hookup, no sewer and there is a water spigot nearby. I was able to set my internet dish up on a railing to make this transmission possible. I would have set the tripod up but it could have gotten in the way of traffic flow and the wind is really blowing here. I will keep you posted on the outcome of the mods.
This is the view of Lake Havasu from 3T's.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We decided to have the 2 suspension mods that 3t's offers for our coach. We pulled in today for a Monday AM appointment. We have a 30 amp hookup, no sewer and there is a water spigot nearby. I was able to set my internet dish up on a railing to make this transmission possible. I would have set the tripod up but it could have gotten in the way of traffic flow and the wind is really blowing here. I will keep you posted on the outcome of the mods.
This is the view of Lake Havasu from 3T's.

Jim

Our Webpage
Old 01-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Please post your reactions of these upgrades to your coach. I am very interested in them, considering doing same to my coach.

Thanks for the pics -- send more!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Will do pusherman.

Jim

Our Webpage
Old 01-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

What are the suspension upgrades that 3Ts offers?
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Jim:

You getting the handling package (up front) and the anti rock kit (in the back)??

Really interested in how the rig does over speed bumps if you do the anti rock kit.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:03 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
Jim:

You getting the handling package (up front) and the anti rock kit (in the back)??

Really interested in how the rig does over speed bumps if you do the anti rock kit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes we are getting the handling and the anti rock package. I will let you know what i think of them after installed.

Easyrider, here is their webpage for more info. 3T's

Our Webpage
Old 01-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is the view of Lake Havasu from 3T's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have some outstanding sunsets at Lake Havasu. We were at 3Ts this fall and I have never seen a more spectactular sunset than what we witnessed there .
I will also be interested to hear how that upgrade on the suspension turns out.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harry B:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is the view of Lake Havasu from 3T's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have some outstanding sunsets at Lake Havasu. We were at 3Ts this fall and I have never seen a more spectactular sunset than what we witnessed there .
I will also be interested to hear how that upgrade on the suspension turns out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did you get done when you were here?
Jim

Our Webpage
Old 01-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pusherman:
Please post your reactions of these upgrades to your coach. I am very interested in them, considering doing same to my coach.

Thanks for the pics -- send more! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really didn't think the ride was bad with all the stock equipment. After reading all the reactions from people that had the 2 kits (anti rock and front handling) I figured I had to add it also.

We drove from Lake Havasu, Az. to the 1000 trails in Palm Desert, Ca. today after the install. I must say that the kit really did stabilize the ride. Sharp turns seemed to be less dramatic. Just cruising strait and level seemed to have less movement on bumpy roads. Less front end bounce when starting and stopping. Generally a more comfortable ride. The 2 kits installed cost less than a 1000$ and took 2 mechanics about 2 hours to install.

Jim

Our Webpage
Old 01-23-2007, 03:38 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

JimandSue --

Thanks for your posts. I know I and others are interested in your opinions on the upgrades to your Freightliner chassis. There are not a lot of upgrades for the Freigtliner chassis, but the 3-T's probably top the list.

Yes, our chassis generally drive pretty well, but any improvements only makes driving better.

Again, thanks for your posts -- and as the miles build up, pls. continue to let us know your impressions of your upgrades.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:47 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Jim and Everyone,
I had mine dont last tuesday on week ago. I am at quartzsite now after a drive down hwy. 95. It is not a dramatic change but i definitely noticed a more stable ride. I wont make my final assesment until i get a few more miles on it. Alot of people immediately gush with enthusiasm over a new modification, i will wait awhile beore i give my final report.
Thanks
Don

2006 Itasca Meridian 34 ft.-350 cat
PioneerRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:12 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone installed the 3-T's kits themselves? I understand from 3-T's that if you're mechanically inclined and own a jack, it's not that tough. Wondering if anyone on this forum has had any experience attempting this route?
Thanks,
Alan
Old 01-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Alan:

I called 3T's some time ago and inquired about the anti rock kit. They did tell me they would sell me the kit and provide installation instructions. I would plan to do it myself or have my local independent RV mechanic do it.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:36 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Actually, upon further discussion with 3-T's, and looking over their installation instructions, it looks like it may not be that tough, but you do need to know what you're doing about ride height, etc..., have a torque wrench that will go to 295lbs, and have at least a 5-ton jack. So, since my wife would like to get away for a weekend anyway, and since we're actually pretty close to Lake Havasu, it looks like we'll be taking ours in. Would still be interested in hearing about any do-it-yourselfers. And after installation, I will post our experience and opinions of the system as well.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:23 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

I drove from Quartzsite to LA on wednesday. Was hoping for some wind to give it a good test. I would say after the drive that i have about a 20% improvement over the old. It handles with more stability and seems to take the potholes better. Much of the sway and porposing is improved. Again overall i think a 20% improvement is well worth the almost $1000 to get the work done. Company is a pleasure to work with.

Don
W6DUO

2006 Itasca Meridian 34 ft.-350 cat
PioneerRV is offline   Reply With Quote